• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

KrellClone KSA100-MKII 1000VA toroidal transformer EUROPE GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I have purchased two units of this transformer just for to get the possibility to go further with this KSA100 project (and thanks Ryan for the good tip):

http://www.diycable.com/main/product_info.php?cPath=140_141&products_id=597

Looks like a good transformer for the project except for the aux-windings for the 60-72V DC.

I ordered those for to be shipped by sea freight, weight: 50.60 lb. 4 weeks at sea and total shipping, Sea: 295 NOK (jetCarrier in Norway) which is approx. $ 47.00 + $ 45.50 (from Diycable to the carrier in the US), total shipping approx. $ 92.50 and transformers: $ 88 each unit = $ 176 Totals would then be $ 134.25 If adding custom tax (25%) an duties (200 NOK) those transformers would costs approx. $ 184 each unit when putting my hands on them.

Anyone member in the US who have tried this transformer?

Regards :cool:

I will ask for a qoute
are you agree with that spec for audio grade transformer

Primaries:

dual 120V or one 230V - please suggest

Secondaries (total 5 windings)

bifilar 2x 38.5V RMS at 12A RMS

bifilar 2x 60V RMS at 0.8a - I don't know If that Is too high - please suggest

single 12V x 0.8a

option

STATIC SHIELD between primaries and secondaries.

MAGNETIC SHIELD = 70mm

Hi samoloko, if reading the KSA100-Wiki you will find all data needed for to order a suitable transformer. The Wiki kan be found here (read the transformer information):
http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=Add+your+names+join+the+group+buy

Regarding closing of the transformer-GB, I have only ordered two x-formers for to be able to feed amps for to be able to check everything. When finishing the project my intention are to order those Krell originals. And the Diycable x-formers will be used to feed a Gregg 300W MosFET-amp (210W with those x-formers).

If using a voltage doubler maybe it is possible to use the 2 x 13V but Im not sure if the Amperes are enough. A maximum of 0.18A are available if using a voltage doubler (e.g. 13V x 1.4 x 4=approx 72V @ 0.18A)

:cool:

Flodstroem said:
If using a voltage doubler maybe it is possible to use the 2 x 13V but Im not sure if the Amperes are enough. A maximum of 0.18A are available if using a voltage doubler (e.g. 13V x 1.4 x 4=approx 72V @ 0.18A)
consider totem pole of the 13+37Vac windings, with separate rectifiers for the low current supplies.
Hum elimination may be a problem but should be solvable.

Sounds to me that there still is interest in the Avel trafo ?

1-4 units: £ 200 ($ 400)
5-29 units: £ 155 ($ 310)

To sum it up, we will reach 5pcs, not 29pcs, maybe we can get a price on 10pcs ?

It appears that we are 3-4 people that are very interested in the trafo GB.

Fix, Floedstrom, Samloko

1. Shall we take more quotes from other manufacters ?
2. Shall we go for the DIYCable trafo ?
3. Shall we realise the GB for the Aveltrafo ?

Shall we talk over IRC or similar to decide what to do ?

Floedstrom: I thought you settled with the DIYCable trafo.

Flodstroem said:
Hi AndrewT. The 2x 13V are a 26V winding including a center tap. Not two separated windings if this is of any importance.

samoloko, I wrote to Amplimo for a price quotation. Lets see when answer arrives what the price will be.

dual 13Vac is required for the totem pole.
CT does not work, sorry for the misinformation.

But, can you access the centre tap and split it?

AndrewT said:
But, can you access the centre tap and split it?

Andrew, most likely not when studying the pictures. (note: I havnt received my two units yet). But its possible the CT has been wired in a way so the two copper leads from each winding are routed in a common sleeve

But for the test of my six monoblock Im going to use a smaller x-former for the input and driver stage.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.