• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Conrad heatsinks group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, prices are in. $40 per heatsink for the MF35-151.5 excluding shipping to the US. I'm thinking I'll get all US orders shipped to my location first to save US buyers some shipping costs from Australia. Apparently demand has gone way up for these heatsinks, so they won't be back in stock for another month. I will take orders up to that point. As an estimate, I would say final price for a pair of heatsinks will look like this:
2x$40 + $8 shipping to my location from Australia + $10 shipping to your door=

$98 for a pair of heatsinks (This is an estimate, but I would imagine it's going to be pretty close to this).

I'll get final shipping costs from Australia in soon.

BTW, anyone in the Seattle area is more than welcome to pick these up, and if your close I'm sure I could drop them by. :)

luvdunhill said:
any possibility that we will reach another price break (100?), or is this pretty much it?

It's possible, but I would imagine things will top out around 70-80 heat sinks. Still have at least a month until they are back in stock, so if there are enough orders by then I will update the price. I emailed them for a 100+ quote along with a shipping quote.

Let's do something like the UGS GB so that we can track who are interested in how many. Just cut&paste the following lines and add the total, easier than a wiki. If I miss anyone, I apologize.

MasgBill 4X US
Blues 4X US
jackh 4X US
pchw 4X US, may go up to 8X
SCD 4X Canada
neb001 4X US or Japan**, may go up to 8X
hc167 2X US
luvdunhill 8X US
liason 2X US, may go up to 4X
Algar_emi 4X Canada
ipolyakov 4X US
Guiness US
cwujek US
seventenths US
-----------------------------------
Total: 44 up to 10 more

** if it is Japan, the cost to ship back to Asia is probably high

MasgBill 4X US
Blues 4X US
jackh 4X US
SCD 4X Canada
hc167 2X US
luvdunhill 12X US
Algar_emi 4X Canada
ipolyakov 4X US
Guiness US
cwujek US
seventenths US
Total: 48 up to 10 more

cwujek said:

It's possible, but I would imagine things will top out around 70-80 heat sinks. Still have at least a month until they are back in stock, so if there are enough orders by then I will update the price. I emailed them for a 100+ quote along with a shipping quote.

thanks!

also, will Conrad drop ship some of the units, or are all of them coming back to you in the US?

luvdunhill said:

thanks!

also, will Conrad drop ship some of the units, or are all of them coming back to you in the US?

I'll see what's cheaper. It would cost around $40 to ship a pair of heatsinks to someone in the US direct from Conrad, vs. about $20 if it were shipped to me and then to someone in the US. Orders outside of North America will get shipped direct from Conrad, as this would be cheapest.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Time to ship

I would also like to know if your going to do the airmail or slowboat shipping. I talked to them a month ago, and they gave me a 12 week estimate on shipping boat cargo.

Costs in AUD (USD approx.) with a choice of delivery options would be:
MF35-151.5 x 4 @ 53.36 ea. 213.44
(196.02)

(53.16)
Delivery 14.5 kg (Aus. Post Sea Freight 10 - 12 weeks) 49.95 (45.87)
Delivery (FedEx 3-4 working days) 145.00
(133.17)

MasgBill 4X US
Blues 4X US
jackh 4X US
SCD 4X Canada
hc167 2X US
luvdunhill 12X US
Algar_emi 4X Canada
ipolyakov 4X US
Guiness US
cwujek US
seventenths 2X US
Total: 50 up to 10 more

...and a big "thank you"!

7/10

MasgBill 4X US
Blues 4X US
jackh 4X US
SCD 4X Canada
hc167 2X US
luvdunhill 12X US
liasom 2X US
Algar_emi 4X Canada
ipolyakov 4X US
Guiness US
cwujek US
seventenths 2X US
Total: 48 up to 10 more

Thanks!

hc167 said:
hi cwujek:

I just recently moved to Seattle area. And wondering if it is OK, I come and pick it up when you get the heatsink from conrads. Let me know. Thanks.

Yes, this is fine.
For those of you who have asked when the order will be placed, it will be at least a month because Conrad is currently out of stock. I will take orders up to that point so we can try to break the 100+ barrier. Finally called Conrad on the phone, and got in touch with the boss. He said he will email me within the next two days with a price including freight, which will be a substantial part of the cost. I'll post as soon as I hear from him.

MasgBill 4X US
Blues 4X US
jackh 4X US
SCD 4X Canada
hc167 2X US
luvdunhill 12X US
liasom 2X US
Algar_emi 4X Canada
ipolyakov 4X US
Guiness US
cwujek 4x US
seventenths 2X US

MasgBill 4X US
Blues 4X US
jackh 4X US
SCD 4X Canada
hc167 2X US
luvdunhill 12X US
liasom 2X US
Algar_emi 4X Canada
ipolyakov 4X US
Guiness US
cwujek 4x US
seventenths 2X US
----------------------------
Total: 54!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.