Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

JX92S Group buy
JX92S Group buy
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd August 2008, 11:23 PM   #291
ejfud is offline ejfud  United States
diyAudio Member

Here's mine from the group buy. 1 cubic foot BR cabs and they sound amazing.

No sub needed. It just happened to be there when the picture was taken.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 24th August 2008, 12:01 AM   #292
hifiZen is offline hifiZen  Canada
diyAudio Member

DaveM, ejfud: Great looking veneer jobs! ejfud - are those finished? Looks sanded / bare still, but I quite like the simple curved-end veneer pattern, with the driver & port aesthetically balanced - has a classic look to it... would love to see them again after a few coats of varnish, to bring out the colour / grain.

Quote:
Originally posted by audiosteve
... I hear details and definition in familiar music that I never knew was there. These are keepers!
They're great at this, aren't they? I'm using them in pretty much the exact same way - Jim Griffin's crossover with G2Si ribbon in a vented 0.25cu.ft. Parts Express curved-side box. One thing I really appreciate as an apartment dweller (and one of the first things I noticed) is the ability to listen at low SPLs and still hear very deep into the recording. I am getting more subtleties and greater definition of sounds which used to be either indistinct or missing with my previous speakers, the Zaph L18 / 27TBFCG's which I built 3 years prior (and those are no slouch of a speaker). The imaging is also far better - the JX92's easily beat the L18's in almost every way except bass SPL.

In the little BR boxes, the bass is a bit more rolled off / laid back than I'm used to (this may be in part due to less than full BSC, which IMO is fine because in real situations speakers do not radiate into a true 4-pi space or even a 2-pi space in the LF). But clearly, the potential exists for greater extension and output from the Jordan - I'm entertaining thoughts of transplanting the drivers into an MLTL, maybe a ML-TQWT.

I hear someone is bringing a pair of ZD5's to BAF'08 - I'm keen to hear them side-by-side with the JX92s... are the Revelators really on the same level as the Jordans?
Old 24th August 2008, 02:17 AM   #293
ejfud is offline ejfud  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the kind words.

Finished, no. Heck they don't even have veneer on the sides yet. I brought them up for a listen and they have stayed.

I also built some spiked outriggers from maple and walnut that will help with stability. They get a little shaky when the volume goes gets a little high.

Have been been running these with the Onix supertweeter and it's real nice.
Old 6th September 2008, 09:27 PM   #294
billnchristy is offline billnchristy  United States
diyAudio Member

I have a pair I am not using. I mounted them in an open baffle to play with and they might have .75 to an hour on them.

If in USA contact me and we can work something out...I am going to high-efficiency speakers for a tube amp I am building...that and I already have a pair I have been using for over a year!
Old 14th January 2009, 09:00 PM   #295
andrei_g is offline andrei_g  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default I would be interested in the jxd92s pair if you still have it

I want to build Jim Griffin's design so if the price is good and they are still available contact me at andrei_g at hotmail do com

JX92S Group buyHide this!Advertise here!