• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

JX92S Group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How did I miss this???

I'm bummed, I just bought a pair of Jordan's from Mark Audio Full Price. I built the Jim Griffin design in a Parts Express .25 cu. ft. box and they are stunning. If there are any pairs unclaimed, I will buy them immediately.

What is the best way to contact you?

I just got my pair last night. They were packed well and arrived without incident.

I'm going to be putting them in a slender TL floorstander (like my Tidy TL) except with a tweeter this time. The Aurum Cantus G2Si ribbons on sale at PE were really interesting me until I realized that they use a 110mm faceplate. So when I build my boxes I have to commit to that loony faceplate size. In light of that, I'll be using a set of XT-25's crossed over at about 3KHz.

Looking at the AC's pictures there doesn't seem to be any reason they couldn't have used a 104mm faceplate. Too bad, they lost a sale due to being non-standard.

Sheldon

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
As of today, I have sent an email to everyone that has expressed interest. If you have not received an email from me but think you should have, please say so here or send me an email.

I have sent the following people emails more than a few days ago and am still waiting for a response: habsrock93, jerishi, mojopin, Sky123, Scott Lutes, eparson. Please let me know if you are still interested so that I can declare your drivers up for grabs if you are no longer interested.

I have also sent the following people emails within the past day or two: Roy, rlrohlfs, gmilitano, Valeriano, Kraz, hifiZen, bluegti, Secips.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
stokessd said:
Is there a place that sells that version? I'd love to play with a pair, but I'm not interested enough to build a custom set of enclosures to find out they suck.

Not that i know of. The most compact faceplate would be a rectangle (or circle that has been flat-sided. I could probably do a drawing of what would be needed, but it would likely be easier to just take a grinder to the stock circular faceplate.

dave

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
A note to all the Canadian folks:

It appears that all but two shipments I sent to Canada so far are getting held up in Canadian customs (you can check the delivery status yourself using the delivery confirmation number that USPS should have emailed to you), so don't be worried if you haven't received your drivers yet. I have no idea why they are being held up for so long, but they better not be opening my nice packaging!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
BWRX said:
A note to all the Canadian folks:

It appears that all but two shipments I sent to Canada so far are getting held up in Canadian customs (you can check the delivery status yourself using the delivery confirmation number that USPS should have emailed to you), so don't be worried if you haven't received your drivers yet. I have no idea why they are being held up for so long, but they better not be opening my nice packaging!

planet10 waves hand... mine sailed thru customs without even a glance... no GST/No PST/no $5 processing fee. Same day i got 4 James OPTs that got the same non-treatment from customs.

Sometimes Canada customs can be a bit recalcitrant... late last year a package that took 1 day to get from WA to customs in Vancouver took over a month to get cleared.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.