• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Components group buy for Pavel Dudek's super Gainclone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tankyou P-A, I shall look into the Wago Connector first thing on monday and hopefully we can get a price on them.

The component set seams to include more and more components.
It seams I can make about 50 sets in total so for 2 in reserve for spare parts, and 2 for me. That would make about 46 sets to send.

If anyone are intrested we have a couple of extra sets.

I have contacted Wago directly and asked for an offer. If it turns out well I'll will sell Wago connectors to the group buy but everything has to go via ex007. They will be grey, all of the connectors. I'll will order 256-402 which is 2-pole, grey, with lever (tool operated), pitch 5.00/5.08 mm. The connectors can be built to any pole number and will also fit 5 mm pitch and 0.2" pitch.

Ordering multicolour is out if the question I'm afraid.

The connector will look like this:
jsr01r1_overview.jpg

Wago is quite nice if, only IF, one wire per pole is connected. If so, you'll have a very secure or safe (don't know which word is the best) connection. The good thing is that the contact pressure is adjusted depending of how big the wire is.

ex007, even though you haven't started to collect money I have ordered 400 poles of Wago which I will have in two weeks. Those are resereved for you guys for a limited time. The rest of you which gather parts on your own can get the Wago connector from me also but the first shipment is reserved for those who are on this list.

I'll check if it is possible to increase my maximum limit, I’ve done the math and I’ve hopefully found a good relay that will fit.

P-A thank you for ordering the Wago connectors it is a really big help. Please email med more information about price and delivery.

Now the goal is to present all components in the wiki and set a price for the whole set, make a buy list and start to collect money during the next week. Hopefully I can start assemble sets before my vacation.

Hi, due to nice weather I'v been out sailing all weekend so I'm sorry that I'v not hade time to update the wiki or the thread. I hope that you all have had a nice weekend. I'v finaly run a calculation of the price for components and can set a price on this.

The price for one set is 300 SEK, + shiping and paypalfee.

I'v got no clue how much a set will weight so shiping is a mystery right now. I don't think 2 sets will come to over half a kilo with all components and packing materials.

I'll update the Wiki tomorow with a binding list and instructions how this will work.
Pleas sign up in the WIKI

Dinesh, I think he means sign up with a firm commitment after he's updated the Wiki.

ex007, just to add to your labour :xeye: - a Web search failed to turn up a N.A. source for the fuse holders/covers; how much trouble would it be to include these? That is, are you already putting together a bulk order from a supplier who offers these too, or would it mean making a whole separate order? If the latter, don't worry about it - I'll figure out a solution (any of you American or Canadian builders know of a source for these?).

Of course, it may be that all you European DIYers have tons of these in your junk piles and wouldn't want them in the group buy - in which case, again don't worry about it, I'll figure it out.

Now, if we could just convince those Czech designers to work to non-metric standards... :rolleyes:

Regards.

Aengus

[edit] My apologies to the Europeans - that should have read, of course, "...European DIYers have tonnes of these".

Guys, if you will look closely at pic of PCB, you can to see, that fuse holder spacing have three diametres of fitting : 22.5 mm, 15 mm and 5 mm. First two ones are for european 20 mm axial fuse holders and third one is for 2" ( or 5 mm ) RADIAL fuse holder. Don't make problems where they not exist... :cool:

No the limit is no longer 50 sets, sins there was so much intrest I'v overcome the uper limit and will buy extra resistors that was my issue.
All other components are scalabel acordingly to number of sets but the resisitors.

claiborne asked:
Does the 300 SEK include the Wago connectors P-A is going to make available to us?
Yes the price are calculated to include the connectors. I'm currently double checking the price with P-A, I'll update this thread as soon as I get a replay.

Aengus said:
ex007, just to add to your labour :xeye: - a Web search failed to turn up a N.A. source for the fuse holders/covers; how much trouble would it be to include these? That is, are you already putting together a bulk order from a supplier who offers these too, or would it mean making a whole separate order? If the latter, don't worry about it - I'll figure out a solution (any of you American or Canadian builders know of a source for these?).
I checked for them at my suppliers and saw a couple of hoods but I'm not sure if it will fit to the included fuseholder. Also they would add to the final price and to the shiping.

OK, on reading the edited Wiki I see that the holders are included - I'm not too worried about the cover. (Pavel, thanks for your response - but note that you should never underestimate my level of ignorance in these matters :eek: ).

Also, the Wiki implies that you would like e-mail confirmation of our purchases - is this correct? I've sent you an e-mail on the assumption that it is.

Regards.

Aengus

That is correct I apriciate if I can get a personal email so there are no missunderstandings with the Wiki.
Email me your shiping adress, name and number of sets, I will edit the Wiki as soon as possible.

I'v got an ansver from P-A and the price includs the Wago connectors.

Now there seams there is no turning back but I need atleast 47 sets to go through at this price, there is not any upper limit of sets. Atleast not economical, but I dont think I wiould whant to assemble more than 50-70 sets...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.