Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GedLee Home of the renown Geddes Loudspeakers

Old 31st January 2020, 03:58 PM   #1
kivitel is offline kivitel  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Testing / Verification of Gedlee Abbey Kit?

I'm currently building a pair of Gedlee Abbeys from a kit which was purchased by someone else some time ago. I've assembled the cabinets and I'm about to do the crossovers and final assembly.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for measuring these speakers after completion, just to make sure I haven't done anything egregiously wrong. I have arta and a measurement mic, but it would be helpful if someone could recommend the axis, measurement distance and expected response.

Alternately, I could do an impedance sweep of the final system, but I can't seem to find an impedance graph of this speaker.

I understand Dr. Geddes is retired so I'd like to avoid bothering him directly; curious if any other Abbey builders have done any measurements.

Very much looking forward to hearing these speakers!
Old 31st March 2020, 05:32 PM   #2
Thinkcat is offline Thinkcat  Finland
diyAudio Member

Maybe you should (or could) just do it and then see if there is anything really suspicious.

I am slowly proceeding with ordering the crossover parts and the rest of the panels for the enclosures (need to settle on measurements, go to local hardware shop and expect them to do a bad job, then cut the panels to final sizes at home). I'll use baltic birch plywood. After I have assembled mine, I can also do measurements. But knowing my glacial pace with these things, it will take at least a month or two.

Testing / Verification of Gedlee Abbey Kit?Hide this!Advertise here!