• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Geddes Forum Hacked

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sy and Zobsky have nothing to worry about. Can't prove anything...

Attachments

• 0109151223.jpg
    0109151223.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 554
Last edited:
I think that I was hacked because it was so easy to do. I was not well equipped to run a forum because I did not have the IT skills to administer the forum. The security updates were never done because I did not know how to do them. I tried to get the hosting site to help me figure out how to get it undone, but they would not help. Hence, my only choice - short of hiring an IT person - was to shut down the site. It wasn't doing anyone any good the way that it was.

I see why these sites are usually hosted by IT people.

Last edited:
I think that I was hacked because it was so easy to do. I was not well equipped to run a forum because I did not have the IT skills to administer the forum. The security updates were never done because I did not know how to do them. I tried to get the hosting site to help me figure out how to get it undone, but they would not help. Hence, my only choice - short of hiring an IT person - was to shut down the site. It wasn't doing anyone any good the way that it was.

I see why these sites are usually hosted by IT people.

It's amazing how a few bad apples just ruin it for everyone.

When I had my 'audiopsychosis' forum, literally 95% of the site traffic was from spammers and hackers. Until you start a forum it's hard to appreciate how much havoc a few ********* can cause.

Hackers took down the Diyma forum yesterday and I wonder if it will ever return...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.