Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GedLee Home of the renown Geddes Loudspeakers

Old 28th June 2008, 09:23 PM   #501
Bryce H. is offline Bryce H.  United States
diyAudio Member

Earl -
maybe a bit off topic, but do the AI products use the B&C or Eminence drivers? If I wanted a Summa, I assume the ESP15 would be the best alternative, perhaps the same? And if it has the Eminence drivers, would changing them out to B&C drivers require any crossover changes? Thanks
Old 29th June 2008, 03:11 PM   #502
gedlee is offline gedlee  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryce H.
Earl -
maybe a bit off topic, but do the AI products use the B&C or Eminence drivers? If I wanted a Summa, I assume the ESP15 would be the best alternative, perhaps the same? And if it has the Eminence drivers, would changing them out to B&C drivers require any crossover changes? Thanks

The Ai ESP15 is all B&C. The ESP12 uses an Eminence 12 and B&C Compression Driver.

For all practical purposes the ESP15 and the Summa are identical. You could get them from either Ai in Thailand or me. I don't know which would have the lower shipping costs.
Old 29th June 2008, 03:41 PM   #503
MartinQ is offline MartinQ  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gedlee
The Ai ESP15 is all B&C. The ESP12 uses an Eminence 12 and B&C Compression Driver.
Earl, what is the Eminence model used in the ESP12? Would it be the same one available in your Abbey kit or are you changing that to the B&C 12TBX100?
Old 29th June 2008, 04:14 PM   #504
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MartinQ

Earl, what is the Eminence model used in the ESP12? Would it be the same one available in your Abbey kit or are you changing that to the B&C 12TBX100?

I havn't decided on the woofer for the Abbey yet, but I am leaning towards the B&C. We were originally having trouble with the 12TBX100 and tried the Eminence, it seemed better. But when we got our first shipment it had the same problem as the 12TBX100. The B&C is the higher performance of the two, but a little more expensive.
Old 1st July 2008, 02:28 AM   #505
JZatopa is offline JZatopa  United States
diyAudio Member

Just curious if anyone has tried out these speakers with a low powered SET amp and how it worked out for you. My luck so far with my SET amp has been with little or no crossovers but these look like they may be a step up from the parker audio speakers I am using with my amp.
Old 1st July 2008, 02:43 AM   #506
FrankWW is offline FrankWW  Canada
diyAudio Member

Just curious. Did you have crossovers designed for your amp?

Quote:
Originally posted by DJNUBZ
Just curious if anyone has tried out these speakers with a low powered SET amp and how it worked out for you. My luck so far with my SET amp has been with little or no crossovers but these look like they may be a step up from the parker audio speakers I am using with my amp.
Old 1st July 2008, 05:57 AM   #507
JZatopa is offline JZatopa  United States
diyAudio Member

the parkers have only a cap on the tweeter. Other speakers I tried did not have crossovers specifically designed for my amp. FYI the amp I have is a decware zen select.
Old 2nd July 2008, 02:11 AM   #508
DrumDude is offline DrumDude  United States
diyAudio Member

Default heard the Summas today

I got to audidtion the Summa's today. Wow, I'm sold. I will post further details soon. I spent over 6 hours on the road today and too tired to write a complete review yet.

Bruce K
Old 2nd July 2008, 03:03 AM   #509
diyAudio Member

Default Re: heard the Summas today

Quote:
Originally posted by DrumDude
I got to audidtion the Summa's today. Wow, I'm sold. I will post further details soon. I spent over 6 hours on the road today and too tired to write a complete review yet.

Bruce K
Six hours! I use to drive, alone, from Detroit to New Orleans, straight through, 18 hours. Coffee anyone?
Old 2nd July 2008, 05:20 AM   #510
chrismercurio is offline chrismercurio  United States
diyAudio Member

Worst I have ever done is a strait shot from Tacoma, Wa to Santa Clara, Ca ~14 hours after being up all day, then worked outside all day after arriving with no break.

DIY Waveguide loudspeaker kitHide this!Advertise here!