I think I've made my choice...But have a question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok after looking at most of the more common designs and weighing the advice received I think i'm going to go with the sigma208 enclosure with the 206 drivers.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place to view some pics of the building process. Some of the drawing's details are a bit puzzling to me at this point.

Also if anyone can recommend any driver mods i should be doing that would also be a great help

Thanks

Here the site of Simon, a friend of mine, who build the 208ESigma cabinet. Not the same cabinet, but his most excellent photographs should give you a good idea of how to proceed / what the process will resemble. http://www.atrj13.dsl.pipex.com/na-fostex_fe208es_rear_horn.htm

Re driver modifications, point your mouse toward www.planet10-hifi.com, and order a set of Dave's phase plugs for them. The difference is not subtle (& is measurable I hasten to add -no voodoo here!)

Another mod is to damp the basket and magnet with ductseal or similar, and / or glue a large piece of felt or similar to the rear of the magnet. There are other modifications you can do too, but those should do to be going on with... ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.