Stuffing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Scottmoose said:
0.25 lbs ft^3. Roughly 0.5lbs of the stuff per cabinet. Chances are you'll want to adjust this to suit your own system / room / taste, so take this as an approximate guide.

Hi,

I've used the amount you recommended. I find the bass a little thin but very exact. The driver only has 30 min of usage. Should I start fiddling with the amount of stuffing already, or should I give them the 100-150 hours of burn in first.

Will the bass output improve during this time?

Get the drivers to Xmax a few times and let them settle down first. MLTLs have a somewhat different presentation in the bass to regular vented cabinets -they're usually rather more accurate as they lack the boom reflex can suffer from, which is often a bit of a shock to the system. If you're still finding things a bit light, initially remove some damping material from the lower portion of the cabinet only.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.