TABAQ TL for Tangband

I finally finished another pair of TABAQs the past weekend. I was lucky to get a pair of 3FE25 drivers last year at a very good price locally and decided to build a set of speakers for my daughter and her husband. They stay in a small garden cottage and the TABAQs are a perfect fit for their lounge and TV.

I used 16mm MDF which is overkill, but I had some left-over cuts available. They are finished off with black chalk paint and it came out quite nice. But I am really impressed with how well the grills turned out. They act as smaller baffles that fit over the mounted drivers as if they are flash mounted. Made with 6mm MDF, covered with felt, then with speaker cloth and latches onto the baffle with neodymium magnets. I first did this on my own TABAQ speakers (in the background on the last picture) but these ones turned out a bit better. Practice makes perfect, they say.

I had to reduce the initial amount of stuffing a little and use a BSC with 1mH inductor and 8.2 Ohm resistor for a balanced sound using these drivers. Like all the TABAQs I have built and listened to before, they sound very good, with a nice soundstage and excellent imaging.

Attachments

• TB 1 3FE25.jpg
    TB 1 3FE25.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 24
  • TB 2 SB.jpg
    TB 2 SB.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 19
  • TB 3 SB Felt.jpg
    TB 3 SB Felt.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 17
  • TB 4 Grills.jpg
    TB 4 Grills.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 19
  • TB 5 Stuffing.jpg
    TB 5 Stuffing.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 24
  • TB 6 Testing.jpg
    TB 6 Testing.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 26
  • TB 7 Finished.jpg
    TB 7 Finished.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: 2 users
I finally finished another pair of TABAQs the past weekend. I was lucky to get a pair of 3FE25 drivers last year at a very good price locally and decided to build a set of speakers for my daughter and her husband. They stay in a small garden cottage and the TABAQs are a perfect fit for their lounge and TV.

I used 16mm MDF which is overkill, but I had some left-over cuts available. They are finished off with black chalk paint and it came out quite nice. But I am really impressed with how well the grills turned out. They act as smaller baffles that fit over the mounted drivers as if they are flash mounted. Made with 6mm MDF, covered with felt, then with speaker cloth and latches onto the baffle with neodymium magnets. I first did this on my own TABAQ speakers (in the background on the last picture) but these ones turned out a bit better. Practice makes perfect, they say.

I had to reduce the initial amount of stuffing a little and use a BSC with 1mH inductor and 8.2 Ohm resistor for a balanced sound using these drivers. Like all the TABAQs I have built and listened to before, they sound very good, with a nice soundstage and excellent imaging.
Very good job twocents, yes you are right practice practice, anyway enjoy the music, I am still surprise by the sound of my Tabaq with 4FE32 that are belong to my wife, I keep try to convince her I will do a brand new ones with some new drivers but she's very determined, last time she told me " hands off from my Tabaq " :( so I can just sometimes listen with her authorisation :) otherwise divorce....lol....all the best to everyone