Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TABAQ TL for Tang Band
TABAQ TL for Tang Band
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2020, 01:29 AM   #2581
kissabout2002 is offline kissabout2002  Italy
diyAudio Member

Tamra, congrats very beautiful Tabaq, I really like your acacia laminated looks very impressive ....enjoy the music...:-)
Old 11th February 2020, 01:37 AM   #2582
perceval is offline perceval  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Great looking TABAQs , Tamar.

Now, time to clean up all those wires to make them really stand out!
Old 11th February 2020, 10:04 AM   #2583
nas3000 is offline nas3000  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

Default Port lenght for different area?

Hi,

I have built couple prototypes of folded Tabaq, but with different port size.
Well, its is not pure "Tabaq" anymore, but can someone run a sim to define port size for 10.2 sq cm port area.

Drivers are Dayton PS95-8 and RS100-8, other dimensions are the same.

Thank you!
Old 14th February 2020, 12:38 PM   #2584
cyruz is offline cyruz  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjohannesen View Post
I have enclosed simulation of W5 2143 - which look very promising.

Have fun!

Regards
Bjørn
Hi guys, can somebody help translating this (simulation of W5 2143) to the measures of a cabinet 85 cm tall?

This has been suggested for my first build, but take into account that you are talking to a complete novice (I don't have a clue about the theory behind it or whatsoever, just willing to try)
Old 14th February 2020, 01:02 PM   #2585
gytisk is offline gytisk  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

Hi cyruz, only the length of the line for W5-2143 is 39 inch means 99 cm it is taller as 85 cm. Plus need to add a port and upper wall. One of possible enclosure is here: TABAQ TL for Tang Band
It is complex, but might be simplified, one example is here: TABAQ TL for Tang Band
BTW W5-2143 sounds impressive in TABAQ enclosure.
Old 14th February 2020, 05:10 PM   #2586
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyruz View Post
Hi guys, can somebody help translating this (simulation of W5 2143) to the measures of a cabinet 85 cm tall?

This has been suggested for my first build, but take into account that you are talking to a complete novice (I don't have a clue about the theory behind it or whatsoever, just willing to try)
The geometry of the Tabaq is line 39" or 99.06cm this is how long the TL must be then the inside size must be 207 square cm, so is up to you decide what size front,back and side pannel has to be, in my case I design the Tabaq using 16mm play wood with inside size of 13.5cm x 15.35cm= 207.225 sq.cm, the outside measure depends how tick the wood you will use will be.
The port should be on the bottom as extension of the TL, 5" long (12.7cm) and 28 sq.cm, here again you can design any size of the port as long you respect the port specification.....all the best
Old 14th February 2020, 10:53 PM   #2587
lost eden is offline lost eden  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

After following the TABAQ project online for the best part of a decade or so, I have finally been enjoying a pair of them on either side of my TV for roughly the past 2 years.

My question is, what are 'the best' drivers for the TABAQ? My current (fairly shoddy MDF) speakers with 3" TB drivers going straight into a Lepai amp with a bit of extra treble dialed in sound truly quite superb, so what can do I stand to gain by maybe building new cabinets with better drivers & proper filters?

I find myself oddly attached to the TABAQ concept & driven to take it as far as it can go!
Old 15th February 2020, 01:00 PM   #2588
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost eden View Post
After following the TABAQ project online for the best part of a decade or so, I have finally been enjoying a pair of them on either side of my TV for roughly the past 2 years.

My question is, what are 'the best' drivers for the TABAQ? My current (fairly shoddy MDF) speakers with 3" TB drivers going straight into a Lepai amp with a bit of extra treble dialed in sound truly quite superb, so what can do I stand to gain by maybe building new cabinets with better drivers & proper filters?

I find myself oddly attached to the TABAQ concept & driven to take it as far as it can go!
There is here so many happy Tabaq users with different drivers, I personally build two different Tabaq, one with W5-2143 and the second with FaitalPro 4FE32 that by far is my favourite......all the best
Old 15th February 2020, 03:46 PM   #2589
perceval is offline perceval  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

There is a number of drivers mentioned in this thread.
Any of them could be better, or the same as your setup, eden.
It all depends on the end user.

Maybe, if you could elaborate on the points you would like to improve from your current TABAQ, that might help us see better.
Old 15th February 2020, 07:30 PM   #2590
twocents is offline twocents  South Africa
diyAudio Member

TABAQ TL for Tang Band
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost eden View Post

There are two things here. If you like the TABAQs then stick to them – it’s a proven design outperforming many others, and if you want to take the TABAQs as far as it can go – then follow @kissabout2002’s advice and build TABAQs with plywood and Faital Pro 4FE32 drivers. Since you enjoy some good treble the Faitals will not disappoint and beating the TB W5-2143 drivers says a helluva lot.

Then, from my experience with diy audio over the last 5 years you have so so much to gain by upgrading the rest of your hifi chain. If one has good speakers, like the TABAQs you already have, you will be surprised how much better they can sound with upgrading other components. We don’t really know what you have and how you use it other than the Lepai amp. Hopefully the TV is not your source. For e.g. - using the same set of speakers (Tannoy monitors), I have upgraded my source (to FLAC files), my DAC from a Sabre to a NOS TDA1387 RPi DAC, my preamp from a Haffler to a Pass B1 to a AKSA Lender, my power amp from a Naim to a $2 lunch money TDA7297 amp to a Pass SE Class A amp – and with every upgrade there has been a significant and satisfying improvement to my ears, using exactly the same speakers. Even upgrading interconnects can be heard, but now we are on snake oil territory.

Hope this inspires you for more diy, and keep us posted.

Last edited by twocents; 15th February 2020 at 07:33 PM.

TABAQ TL for Tang BandHide this!Advertise here!