Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TABAQ TL for Tang Band
TABAQ TL for Tang Band
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th November 2018, 06:45 PM   #2221
GraphicCanuk is offline GraphicCanuk  Canada
diyAudio Member

I am still playing around with the FaitalPro 4FE32 8ohm. I am trying to get more bass out of this driver as what I hear is less then with the TB 315E. With the sub on it sounds ok. I'm back to no BCS and 64 grams of stuffing, I was up to 74.

Perceval, you posted your sim of this driver but I cannot see all the parameters you placed into the program. Guess I am wondering were is or was the starting point as far as the sim goes? I went as far as a BCS of 1.0 mH and 3.9 Ohm and have had the stuffing at 60 and 75 grams. There is some bass, but not near enough, there should be at least what comes out of my TB 3 inch I would think? Oh, the enclosure is the original with the driver at 20.3 from top.

I have ordered the mic UMM-6 USB so that will help me figure out what is going on, but it will take ten days or so to arrive. Eventually, once I can test with a mic it might tell me this won't work in a TABAQ, but the specs indicate otherwise. Any suggestions from the forum are welcome.
Old 14th November 2018, 09:21 PM   #2222
GraphicCanuk is offline GraphicCanuk  Canada
diyAudio Member

I continue to try so here is what I have done;

64 grams stuffing throughout
4 db attenuation 3.9 ohm and 1.0mH
6 db attenuation 6.8 ohm and 1.5 mH

The 6 db helps with the higher frequencies for sure. For now it is staying there. I find that these drivers have really live mids and highs, without a BSC your eardrums will burnout in no time. Bass is a bit better. Will increase in stuffing help with lows or hinder?
Old 15th November 2018, 01:48 AM   #2223
perceval is offline perceval  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

A little stuffing cleans up the bass output.

Too much will kill it.

The sim showed the Faital should have about the same bass output as your old TB. But since the Faital are much higher in efficiency, they will sound a bit bright.

Do wait for your mic. Then, instead of shooting in the dark, you'll know exactly what to do.

I'm sure you can spend your time doing something else, than just running around with stuffing, inductors and resistors.

TABAQ TL for Tang BandHide this!Advertise here!