TABAQ TL for Tangband

In a 0.53x? I'm pretty certain... no.

That karlsonator will have to be adjusted to the W5-1611saf parameters.
Maybe you can ask X to run a simulation in that thread, to see if that driver can work in a scaled K.

Also, no, generating pink noise is not a frequency sweep.

I'm sure Arta can work, but most of us use REW, which is free, has a lot more features and great support.

I'm sorry iinself, but you seem to be taking a bunch of shots in the dark, with no direction or planning. In the DIY world, that means a lot of time loss, and sometimes, money loss also.

I would suggest you look around, and read, read, and read some more, for designs that work well with the 1611SAF, look at your room constraints and come up with something that will fit both the driver and your room.

It will save you both time and money in the end.

:)

In a 0.53x? I'm pretty certain... no.

That karlsonator will have to be adjusted to the W5-1611saf parameters.
Maybe you can ask X to run a simulation in that thread, to see if that driver can work in a scaled K.

Also, no, generating pink noise is not a frequency sweep.

I'm sure Arta can work, but most of us use REW, which is free, has a lot more features and great support.

I'm sorry iinself, but you seem to be taking a bunch of shots in the dark, with no direction or planning. In the DIY world, that means a lot of time loss, and sometimes, money loss also.

I would suggest you look around, and read, read, and read some more, for designs that work well with the 1611SAF, look at your room constraints and come up with something that will fit both the driver and your room.

It will save you both time and money in the end.

:)

Thanks perceval.
Will do more reading.
Nothing lost after all it is just a hobby, I enjoy the journey :)
In one of the youtube videos the person was demonstrating using the pink noise so I was trying that; now I learnt from you about REW and frequency sweep :) Thanks

Hi all,

Happy new year!

I just thought I'd show my Tabaq's with revised port for Mark Audio CHR70 gen 3 drivers.

I'm currently breaking them in gently as per the manufacturers recommendations.

Not sure how I'll finish them and a base will be added, but the initial sound is very promising!

My original design Tabaq is shown to give an idea of scale.

As ever, thanks to Bjørn for the sim on this driver.

Regards

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20171231_104603.jpg
    IMG_20171231_104603.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_20171217_201314.jpg
    IMG_20171217_201314.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 586
Hi all,

Happy new year!

I just thought I'd show my Tabaq's with revised port for Mark Audio CHR70 gen 3 drivers.

I'm currently breaking them in gently as per the manufacturers recommendations.

Not sure how I'll finish them and a base will be added, but the initial sound is very promising!

My original design Tabaq is shown to give an idea of scale.

As ever, thanks to Bjørn for the sim on this driver.

Regards

Chris

That's quite like the Tabaq prototype.

Hi,

Bjørn gave dimensions of 10.6 sq cm for the port opening with a 12.7 cm ength for this driver.

I have used tube with an area of 11.3 sq cm and 12.5 cm length, so not exact but from what I have read on this thread and others, slight variations don't make too much difference. (I could be wrong being a complete novice!)

Thanks

Chris

Hi,

Bjørn gave dimensions of 10.6 sq cm for the port opening with a 12.7 cm ength for this driver.

I have used tube with an area of 11.3 sq cm and 12.5 cm length, so not exact but from what I have read on this thread and others, slight variations don't make too much difference. (I could be wrong being a complete novice!)

Thanks

Chris

Ummm, you sure on that 10.6cm^2? Original Tabaq had 16cm^2 (10x1.6). With a 4" driver, if anything I might expect the port xs to grow rather than shrink. The original was about 50% of the driver SD. With the CHR70 and 11cm^2 you're more around the 20-25% mark.

Although, you'd probably have to play it very loud and bass heavy to get any port noise.

Also; port length. if you need it longer (lower tuning), it can poke up through the floor into the cabinet a tad.

J.

Hi again,

A few posts back I requested a link to a TABAQ cabinet design for the TB W5-2143. It was suggested that I "try searching". Well, before posting the request, I had tried searching using google since I am not familiar with the DIY audio search tool. I have since tried using it by entering the driver designation and have not come up with anything.
Because I have a pair of TB W3 2141 on hand and remember that there was a discussion of a slightly modified cabinet for that driver, I also tried searching using that driver designation and got nothing related to the cabinet design discussion I remember.
I obviously don't know how to properly use the DIY audio search function. Could someone give me some coaching, please.
Jay

Top of the page, you have to click on the "Search this thread".
Enter the driver's name.
Click Go.

attachment.php

A window will open saying it is searching for you.
Then, it will open a page with many posts including the mention of your search term(s).

attachment.php

To see a particular post, click on the blue link to the right of the little post image logo, not the title of the thread.

Hope that clears things out.

Hi again,

A few posts back I requested a link to a TABAQ cabinet design for the TB W5-2143. It was suggested that I "try searching". Well, before posting the request, I had tried searching using google since I am not familiar with the DIY audio search tool. I have since tried using it by entering the driver designation and have not come up with anything.
Because I have a pair of TB W3 2141 on hand and remember that there was a discussion of a slightly modified cabinet for that driver, I also tried searching using that driver designation and got nothing related to the cabinet design discussion I remember.
I obviously don't know how to properly use the DIY audio search function. Could someone give me some coaching, please.
Jay

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 11.31.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 11.31.47 AM.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 949
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 11.32.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 11.32.20 AM.png
    179.2 KB · Views: 949

Actually, you'll find the discussions on the modified Tabaq for TB W3-2141 in another thread. :)

New Fullranger Alert! Tang Band 3" & 4"

The dimensions for the modified Tabaq for the TR W3-2141 driver are given in Post #37.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/276429-fullranger-alert-tang-band-3-4-a-4.html#post4381941

However, you'l stilll have to refer to the original Tabaq plans in this thread if you want to build the modfied box.

Ummm, you sure on that 10.6cm^2? Original Tabaq had 16cm^2 (10x1.6). With a 4" driver, if anything I might expect the port xs to grow rather than shrink. The original was about 50% of the driver SD. With the CHR70 and 11cm^2 you're more around the 20-25% mark.

Although, you'd probably have to play it very loud and bass heavy to get any port noise.

Also; port length. if you need it longer (lower tuning), it can poke up through the floor into the cabinet a tad.

J.

DOH!

Maybe I should put my brain into gear before posting!

16 cm Sq not 10.6!

I'll let the drivers break in before deciding on any changes to the port.

Thanks Jerms and thanks Bjørn