Speaker reconing questions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I hope I am posting this in the right sub forum. :xeye:

I have an old drive-in speaker that I very seriously want to get in working condition.

The aluminum housing is stamped with a local, long gone Drive-In's name and I want to use it for watching DVDs.

The original Projected Sound cone is in very bad shape and needs replacing and I cannot find a replacement for it.

This just needs a normal speaker cone. 20Hz to 20kHz.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Is there any reputable places you have expirence with on the net that do speaker reconing like this?

I already have put in a request for a quote from http://www.speakerex.com/

How much would a four inch speaker reconing cost?

Originally posted by Scioneer

that little pink cone speaker at the Misco site looks alot like my mystery 3 incher on the Used Driver thread

```````````````````````````````````````

what brand of reel-to-reel, for whence it came?

```````````````````````````````````````````

ok i was at the Quitman Radio Shack franchise store and they had a few of the DIY speakers still in stock. They have TONS of that little 4 incher RS ( the 2 watt, 8 ohm boombox replacement)
sold in a bag that looks to be the same class of speaker as the one in your pic.

Full Report:

in addition they had 4 4" woofers( these are pretty cool little woofers), a few 8 inch FRs( the big beefy one, but with a different cat. number than my 1043s for some reason), that oddball 4x10 with selectable impedence ( 4,8,16) , several of the fairly capable 8 inch wall mounts with volume( i have 2 of these already, not a bad sounding speaker, on par with the 1271), one of the DVC 6.5 inch Subs, and 2 15" gunslingers, er, Woofers.

Figured i'd give the full report.

let me know if you want some contact info for this store, you might could arange an order( or if your even in SW Georgia, check them out, seems to be a descent little "Goldmine" for RS DIY items long since gone from the corporate stores)

what brand of reel-to-reel, for whence it came?

it was too beat up to tell, and it was a long time ago. Wish i knew. :xeye:

well i couldn't resist . I went to that RS Franchise and bought 2 of the 4 inch Woofers they had. I swapped out the Linear Research speakers I was using in the 222k and installed the "pocket woofers" , then reconected the piezo tweeter. The Woofers have a 55hz-7khz frequency responce so the Mids were covered( and quite well from the sounds of it, I'm breaking them in right now) and the Piezos seem to be handling the highs better than I thought. Over all these Woofers seem to be a great match for this humble little Philco micro-bookshelf system( though now, not so humble anymore). Now I just need to do a little dampening to the inside of the speaker boxes ( they seems to be a little overwhelmed by the heavier hitting speakers) and this little system will be one formidable stereo for its size.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.