Spawn of Frugel-Horn

Is there an online version of the course in " Davish"?

between the simple misstipes and the intentional spontaneous reconstruction of English as she's spoke, that would be quite a challenge

:spin:

and to Chris, it's much harder than it looks to deliberately type something wrong. ( at least ofr the rest of us...)
once again, the presumption is made that deliberation (in the sense of situational awareness and attention to actual keystrokes) is ever a factor

it's actually scary to spend time with him in his own workshop - his other nickname is "Dangerous Dave" - let's just say the man goes through a lot of band-aids, and is living proof of the power of the human immune system to overcome flesh wounds . :D

Dear sir: methinks this is where your otherwise flawless logic fails the reality test.

Fortunately for us all, "mrD" , a familiarity which my symbiot designation permits, has a robust sense of humor

Mr. B,

My exalted status as an Audio Aristocrat forbids me to enter into an arguement with one of the...sniff-sniff... "Crowbar Class." (It's a lot safer as well)
:D

Best Regards,
Terry, The Third Earl of O

My question is directed towards the original BVRs (Harvey , Iris , and Bruce had much longer ports than the new Changs. I'm wondering what is the audible difference between the old and new. Les Hudson

Mr. Hudson,

The original boxes were at least partly inspired by the Replikon, it had the apearance of a BLH, but used a large chamber behing the driver as an acoustic low-pass filter. Harvey, Iris, and Bruce were IIRC purposely designed to be less sensitive to driver parameters.

All of the Chang variants were designed for a specific driver.

I know you would like to hear a description of the sonic differences, but I cannot testify there, perhaps someone else would chime in.

Most of this info is found here:The Spawn Family of Double Horns

I hope this is of some use to you sir.

John

Last edited:
...his other nickname is "Dangerous Dave" - let's just say the man goes through a lot of band-aids, and is living proof of the power of the human immune system to overcome flesh wounds...

Mr. 10 describes himself as not belonging to the set "those who are allowed to use tablesaws" - I've always assumed the authority cited here is Ruth, but couldn't say for sure. :)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
FE103AeN mounted temporarily in Aiko for evaluation. From listening for the last 10 days i'm going to say this is the best i've heard these and there is room for improvement as the install is a bit jury-rigged.

158531d1266399650-seeking-suggestions-fostex-fe103a-aiko-w-fe102aen-presentprep.jpg

dave

Just got Bruce double horns and i must say that it's an welcome improvement over regular box-speakers :)
I have only tested them with a Philips 9710m drivers, and i don't know how well they fit the cabs?
i can see that the topic has gone cold. but for me this is where it starts
should i expect big improvements with other drivers? and which drivers should i get then? -can't find the fostex recommended for Bruce.
would Audio Nirvana 8' be a good match?
the 9710's not bad at all, but i miss a little bas and then there is the curiosity.

jens

Having built Saburos and playing with
cahamber dampening a lot,
This is what worked best for me
3/4 inch wool felt on front baffle behind driver,
also felt one side wall & top of Chamber,
I would think you would have the same results as I.
No dampening lets a lot of unwanted upper mids
find there way thru the horn openings.

Good Luck

i'm planning to build a pair of the Hiro speakers, do i need to put some wool into them, or do they sound just fine without any damping?