which single driver/horn?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm new to the world of full range drivers, but not to speaker building. I'd like to build a relatively inexpensive pair of horn loaded speakers and wondering what people would recommend. My room is about 8 meters x 5 meters with 2.8 meter ceilings. The speakers cannot be positioned in corners due to domestic :-( considerations. They will be positioned along the long wall.

Have read a bit about Buschorn's and the Frugalhorn. The Fostex fe126 is inexpensive (even when imported into Australia), are there any other possibilities? The speakers will be used for home theatre as well as music. I currently have a cheap subwoofer, but will eventually build a new one. Amplification will initially at least be via a Nad 3155 amp. Musical taste is anything from metal to opera, enjoy a forward but clean sound, hate exagerated treble/sizzle.

Hope this is enough info for recommendations, all help welcome!

cheers
Gary

Attachments

• saxophoninnen2.jpg
    saxophoninnen2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 224
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.