goodmans 8in and 10in twin axioms - what do i do?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
greetings
i have acquired a pair of goodmans 8inch twin axiom speakers and another pair of twin axiom 10-inch mark 2s
after building the bib, i am bitten by the bug!
any thoughts about the 8 inchers in a bib and the 10 inchers in an open baffle?
any ideas suggestions much appreciated.
the 10 inchers were in goodmans corner horns but the previous elderly owner had burned the cabinets. . . .
thanks
peter

only specs available

the ony specs available for the twin axioms that came off a goodmans manual are the 8s -- fundamental response 35hz/95db/frequency range 40-18,000hz. recommended enclosure size 30litres. axiom 10s -- fundamental response 60hz/frequency range 65-16,000hz/96db eff and 45 litres box.
so will they work in open baffle or a bib?

On the EV archive site ther are plans for the Baronet , a folded corner horn for an 8" driver that look interesting, but I have never heard. They look like a small version of the Aristocrat, which I have had alot of expirience with, and properly placed sound great. Something you might consider and the plans are free.

I had TL boxes with TwinAx 8's more than 30 years ago---
As I remember, they were actually very good - a little drop-off in the upper highs was compensated with a small tweeter and a single capacitor...power limit was only 15 watts. Chance is they will do excellent in a BIB.
95 dB sensitivity sounds about right, and should be a fine combination with a nice little class A amp!
I'm quite certain I still have the data sheet, but where.....????

thanks for the replies
i will look at the e.v. site as i hv always thought highly of corner horns. was also looking at MK's MLTL for the fostex 208/207 for the 8s-- think it might work well? might hv to look at the port size, but given the lack of data on the speaker. . . . same for a bib at some point -- maybe use Terry Cain's original dimensions?
tell you what though, the eights have a beautifully articulate sound coming off an open baffle that i whacked together yesterday as a stop gap measure, running with a Sonic impact super-t. don't feel need for a tweeter. clear vocals, and instrumentation. very tasty.
cheers
peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.