The Frugel-Horn Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I've been intrigued ever since someone suggested a star-shaped supraBaffle. So to get an idea...

star-supraBaffle.gif

and with some quick texture mapping

star-color.jpg

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
BWRX said:
it looks like it would be easier to make with a CNC machine. Then again, what wouldn't be easier to make with a CNC machine :clown:

Either a CNC machine or a totem pole carver. We have our first similar piece at the CNC guys now (a retrofit baffle in solid walnut to convert the set of Bamboo PAWOs to FE127.

One of the ideas with the star was to encourage people to get creative....

The curved back, and the cutouts really work hard to define this as a horn and not a boring rectangular box. Even in a minimal state of options....

minimal-a140.jpg

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: gliches...

Nanook said:
Dave, as always beautiful plans. But , clicking on the images didn't really do much. Making them large enough to read in my browser made them unreadable..

You aren't downloading the pdf and reading it in Acrobat or Preview?

I checked in Safari which i have set up to show pdfs in a browser window it was fine... i could zoom as much as need. All the graphics (except for the render on page 1) are vector images & will scale infinitly. (pdf saved out of Acrobat 6).

What browser are you using? Sounds like it storing a bitmap of the image and scaling that instead of the pdf.

dave

Attachments

• fha140-plan-blow-up.gif
    fha140-plan-blow-up.gif
    36 KB · Views: 780
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.