Fostex w/ Bass Reflex?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm sure Ted Jordan knows what he is doing. If he recommends a 4 driver array with drivers he designed I bet it will sound good no matter what "theory" sez. Or, stuck in a rut with theory in a Flinstone mobile. ZZZZZzzzz

Check out fullrangedriver.com for an intelligent discussion on"curved array" or "focused array" as Ron described them. Definitely not ill conceived.

I beg to differ. I'm with Jim Griffin on this one. Curved front baffles are fine providing you don't move from a specific location, but you loose all the other benefits in the process which doesn't strike me as being a particularly bright idea. If you need it to be focused, then give me power tapering any day over curving the baffle. All the benefits, none of the drawbacks, and a sight easier to build as well, which is always nice.

As for Ted Jordan's mini array -well, I respect Ted over any other manufacturer / designer I know. But I still don't like arrays with full-rangers. You try to make a full-length version of that and you'll run into problems PDQ. The laws of physics cannot be suspended. The short version in the far-field might be OK; but I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to in the first place.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.