Pictorial of an exponential/radial horn being made for me by a friend...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pictorial of a radial horn being made for my by a friend...

Do miss a horn sub-forum here at diyAudio. O well. I thought it would be cool to post the progress of radial horns a friend of mine is making. 400Hz and up first.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

O ...by the way....he built the milling machine himself as well.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This last pic shows where it will be cut through. This will be become one radial horn. For drivers we are thinking of P.Audio BM-D740 and P.Audio BM-D450

bilding a machine like this..

Buy 4 steppermotors NEMA23 with 400cpr encoders. Buy 4 screwfeeders (backlash free), 6 lineair motion rails with carriages (8) make a cabinet with 2 computers a cnc-controller, 4 stepperdrivers (1600-microstep) on a wind-tunnel and a 1000W Powersupply 72V, about 200 kilo's of aluminum profile, a bag full of metal hardware , a spindlemotor etc. etc... and think out a machine... That's how you do that... at least, i did...
Kees

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.