full range driver bipole line array idea.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Was thinking about a project using small full range drivers and I found some reviews and comments about the Hi Vi B3S that were favourable.
My idea was to run 10 of these per stereo channel. 5 in the front and 5 in the back for a bipole line array. The bottom half of the cabinet would be filled with sand for stability.
I know there would be some comb filterig issues but besides this what do you think? Any issues with this that I need to consider before going any further?
Maybe some EQ as well to flatten things out or maybe not , depends.

Interesting idea. You will run into lobing issues using full-range units, as you observe: how small are these thing? I don't know them myself -do you have a link to their specifications?

Bipole line array. Could be good. However, I'm not 100% ceertain you'd get much benefit aside from removing the baffle-step problem -Dave (and other bipole experts) any thoughts?

Best
Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.