Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Efficiency is reduced, but with a sensitivity of 95db on four 40cm drivers crossed on 200-300Hz by active crossover this loss is not critical.

The specification of 95 db that you point out from those speakers is 1W / 1M, as is the standard measurement today, but I think it is a point to consider .....

What conditions do 1w / 1m speaker manufacturers measure? with the outdoor speaker, or with the baffle panel in between?
Because if those measurements are with baffle panel, then they are not real 95 db in that design.

Anyway, the design is nice, I must admit... :)

Not suitable for valvular, less for single end...:D

Last edited:
Hi all,

Yes this project is inspired by Viktor's TransFi system. Although none of the ''scientists'' have not confirmed that it can work, I believe it will be.
The full range drivers are SAL SAL 08C08, you know. Frank made them for me as the last pair in the world maibe. Special edition with golden phase plug.

Woofers are audiophile-grade 15” open baffle woofers, OB-A15Neo, were designed and manufactured specifically for Open Baffle and for PureAudioProject.

The strings in front of the speaker are textile braided hat rubber from haberdashery. It's not my idea. First used by Sonus Faber, today uses Gryfon Audio. I don't know yet if I'll use it.

I am puzzled by your idea to use two woofers front to front. Isobaric this is called in sealed enclosures, where it makes sense. It allows you to cut the enclosure volume in half.

Here it doesn't make any sense at all. The acoustic resistance met by the cone will be negligible compared to the force needed to move the moving mass.

Besides that, it is a flawed idea that using a woofer baffle less will lead to improved sound. It will not result in any sound at all in the lower octaves because of the earlier mentioned acoustic short circuit. But it will lead to a lot of mechanical noise of a driver working too hard in order to generate any kind of output at all.

But please be stubborn and report back on your learning experience:)

Of course, I know how manufacturers measure the sensitivity of speakers. At low frequencies the sensitivity will be much lower. But as I mentioned, it will be a two-way system with active x-over and EQ on a low-frequency and 3kHz. Small listening room specially built - side walls and ceiling with floor are not parallel. Front and rear walls LEDE system with bass traps.

How do I understand that it will not be suitable for valve and single ended amplifiers?

I am puzzled by your idea to use two woofers front to front. Isobaric this is called in sealed enclosures, where it makes sense. It allows you to cut the enclosure volume in half.

Here it doesn't make any sense at all. The acoustic resistance met by the cone will be negligible compared to the force needed to move the moving mass.

Besides that, it is a flawed idea that using a woofer baffle less will lead to improved sound. It will not result in any sound at all in the lower octaves because of the earlier mentioned acoustic short circuit. But it will lead to a lot of mechanical noise of a driver working too hard in order to generate any kind of output at all.

But please be stubborn and report back on your learning experience:)

It's not isobaric. This is a dummy baffle, not yet confirmed by any of the scientists. Only real users have confirmed that it is working.

Yes I'm stubborn. I went a long way (20 years) before I discovered and understood the OB system and especially this provocative underground design :)

When I have the measurement results and the long-term listening tests I will go back.

Attachments

• Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,080
Last edited:
Of course, I know how manufacturers measure the sensitivity of speakers.

Could you tell us in what conditions the speakers you use were measured by the manufacturer?

Look at this Eminence article, Big Tony makes a mistake here, because sensitivity and efficiency are not the same .......

" SPL stands for sound pressure level and is also commonly referred to as efficiency and sensitivity." :(

But the end I see it right ........

" The intent here is not to validate Eminence’s method or accuse others of doing it incorrectly. It is merely pointing out that there are differences and comparing different manufacturer’s SPL ratings may not be an accurate comparison."

;)

How do I understand that it will not be suitable for valve and single ended amplifiers?

I must clarify here that I do not mean amplifiers of valves of great powers, but one with a terminal based on 2A3 or 300B

Horns must be used to obtain adequate SPL with these flea amplifiers. This is a fact.

Last edited:
hi guys! here's my recent build. made these for a friend for his Jensen c855s!
those speakers are good! nearly as smooth as the p610s but with better bass!
* the finish is just simulated wood grain. because real wood veneer is too damn expensive here in the philippines and im trying to stay on a budget. cheers ya'll

:D:D:D
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Very nice build, I know what are you talking about here in Philippines good wood is really expensive, I found after long research an importer that have Russian birch plywood 24mm, really nice but price was so high, I got it anyway because I need it for build my Fostex Back-Loaded Horn speaker. All the best :)

oh my! those are beatiful! simulate them in winisd to see how they do. although if you like how they sound. its not necessary! cheers!
View attachment 757891

Pluvia 7 in mini Onken enclosures . No desire to change anything in this set up. Love how it's sounds in my 10' x 12' room . Most likely that these enclosures are not adequate for P7 but my ears telling me otherwise :)

salamat! nice! looking forward to see it here or in person ehehe cheers.
Very nice build, I know what are you talking about here in Philippines good wood is really expensive, I found after long research an importer that have Russian birch plywood 24mm, really nice but price was so high, I got it anyway because I need it for build my Fostex Back-Loaded Horn speaker. All the best :)