Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

I got an offer I couldn't resist. Besides, why not go for something no one else has tried before.
A friend built a horn from the (older) SFR200, but I lack the higher frequencies, so I think that this one would give me more of that.

I cannot even locate the Sonido oval shaped SWR 096 A drivers on Sonido's own website! Where did you locate them Magnus and what does a pair cost? Let the guys on SETRiodes website know as well, ok?

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

You mean the Yahoo-group?!

It is obviously a very new product. Price is 450 Euro/pair. Our Hungarian friends are spoiling us with killer drivers at very good prices.

Maybe, we will have some words from Istvan, the guy who runs Sonido. Seen him in here sometimes.

Sorry, SONIDO the web site will be updated soon and you will find detaled information.
SWR 096/A widerange ellipses speakers with dimensions of 9" in length and 6" in width.For these speakers I recomend of 80 liters bass reflex box.
The advantage of the elliptical form is that they have a more even frequency response and less directional sound than round speakers.

You mean the Yahoo-group?!

It is obviously a very new product. Price is 450 Euro/pair. Our Hungarian friends are spoiling us with killer drivers at very good prices.

Maybe, we will have some words from Istvan, the guy who runs Sonido. Seen him in here sometimes.

Yes, Magnus the Yahoo forum SETriodes! I'm sure the single full-range driver lovers over there ---like me--- would love to know about these Sonido Oval drivers!

Sorry, SONIDO the web site will be updated soon and you will find detailed information.
SWR 096/A wide-range ellipses speakers with dimensions of 9" in length and 6" in width.For these speakers, I recommend of 80 liters bass reflex box.
The advantage of the elliptical form is that they have a more even frequency response and less directional sound than round speakers.

Hi is this Istvan? My name is Tom Scata and I use a 40W/ch, Mastersound Reference 845, integrated, SET amp. I think I'd like to try a pair of these Sonido SWR 096/A drivers, but I have two questions:

1) What's their sensitivity & frequency response?

2) What would a pair cost shipped to Orlando, FL. 32828?

Also, would you be willing to share some information about your drivers at my Yahoo forum called SETRiodes here: Yahoo! Groups This will hopefully help get even more exposure in the USA for you.

Thanks,

Hi is this Istvan? My name is Tom Scata and I use a 40W/ch, Mastersound Reference 845, integrated, SET amp. I think I'd like to try a pair of these Sonido SWR 096/A drivers, but I have two questions:

1) What's their sensitivity & frequency response?

2) What would a pair cost shipped to Orlando, FL. 32828?

Also, would you be willing to share some information about your drivers at my Yahoo forum called SETRiodes here: Yahoo! Groups This will hopefully help get even more exposure in the USA for you.

Thanks,

Hi Tom,
SWR 096/A - 615,-$/PAIR with delivery to USA

I say, you are crazy in Hungary (you make excellent wines and stronger stuff, not to mention your peperonis, salamis and kolbasis), but your drivers are definitely priced to low, comparing what you actually get when it comes to resolution and dynamics and overall sound quality. ;)

Markus,
Thank you for your feedback. And I sure that some speakers, with inflated prices, do not always determine their sound quality.

Karlsonator using the TC9FD-

attachment.php

Very, very nice. Very neutral sound with wide dispersion, perfect for general use, movies, music, etc. Even at such small size they have plenty of bass.

Attachments

• k.jpg
    k.jpg
    851.2 KB · Views: 2,759
After a few years in the multi driver wilderness, I'm now firmly back in the single, full range driver camp, with a pair of 78L sealed cabinets housing a Fane 12-250-TC triple cone driver.

SO0LUx1.jpg

Not pretty at the moment, but boy do they sound good.
I think this is a better place to post than the 12-250TC thread, as I'm only showing
rather than getting into the minutae of playing with dispersion.

Last edited:
@gm7dha: nice speakers :)
Did you use a concrete/stone enclosure or is it just an effect-lacquer on wood?

Concrete enclosure with 18mm MDF back and front. The back is opened up leaving a 20mm wallb the front has a circular opening about 150mm for the driver. They are just an experiment but overall I wouldnt/couldn't say the concrete is any better than a well-made wooden cabinet - they're just very heavy and awkward to position 😂

Concrete enclosure with 18mm MDF back and front. The back is opened up leaving a 20mm wallb the front has a circular opening about 150mm for the driver. They are just an experiment but overall I wouldnt/couldn't say the concrete is any better than a well-made wooden cabinet - they're just very heavy and awkward to position 😂

Heavy and awkward, yes indeed.

Next time, try a multilayer of substrate.
We do plywood, honeycombed aluminium and stone (or in your case, concrete).
That way, you could have a thinner layer of concrete and save a lot of weight.

The layering gives you the best of all 3 materials in dampening resonances at different frequencies and really helps keep distortion at a minimum.