Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

TB871 from last year-now notch filtered

speaker2.jpg

I've added some piezo tweeters to my leather Buschhorns. The tweeters are housed in (new!) toilet floats which I painted with black enamel paint. The screw/spring combination sticking out the back allows for fine tuning of the tweeter in line with the opening. The tweeters themselves have been treated with damar varnish and the horns damped with sealant. The 'crossover' is just a 22R resistor and a .22uF polypropelene cap in series with the + terminal.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 19,042
doggy and I got together on Saturday to have a look at his goodies. First his place and then mine. I must say he has an impressive array of boxes he's put together. Many more than he is showing in the pics. I'm hoping he can get a few more posted so you guys can see another DIYer at his finest. He's pretty much a full ranger kind of guy and has some Fostex and other makes that he'll have to tell you. He also has built a number of amps so that was impressive. To top it off, he has this wonderful storage room built into the house about 20 feet square and a 16 foot ceiling. Completely concrete except for the door.

Hmmm...

Anyways, always nice to meet more diyers in the area and lots of fun going through each others stuff. Hope to see you again soon doggy.

Cal

garsh!

Our kind are few and far between! It was an absolute pleasure to meet Cal and his family. Talk about a collection of amps and stuff; his horns were too big to get into his house!! And did I mention home brewed beer expertise?His plate amp powered speaks sound excellent and looked very professional.Looking forward to our next get together and meeting d.i.yers around here.

fall sunshine on rain soaked ground;all in all, a memorable saturday,

cheers, doggy :) :)

Reactions: 1 user
These are my early full range prototypes employing the Jordan 92s full range driver, and will be eventually partnered to our bespoke sub.

The enclosure is now being manufactured by someone local to the UK rather than in Canada [so all components are now UK made] The drivers and terminals are now rebated into the enclosure, and the finish to the real wood enclosure is now flawless, as I have one of the best production turners creating them.

Hopefully when the sub is finished, I will be able to supply the speakers to people looking for a hi-fi alternative to all those mass market satellite speakers !

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.