TB W3-871s : Cyburgs Needle or Lancetta

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,
I just want to know the final comparison needle with buschhorn, does needle work better in small rooms? i have 4x5mtr with 3mtr high... does it will work in my room?

I mean, does needle really reach down to 50hz?

because i want to make this needle, but i can not do that easy because TB W3-871 is not being sold in my country or even my neighbor country.

the nearest TB store is the factory it self, but since the factory ask for minimum order 1000 pcs, i cancel the order.... i guess you all know how hard asking 500 or more diyers to performs a group buy such a driver....

that's why i have to be sure that needle is worth than buschhorn before i decide to build it....

or anyone can give suggestion the store near my country (Indonesia) who sold this driver?

thank you and regards

A friend, Keith G who posts on uk.rec.audio has made a pair of Buschhorns and a pair of Needles both using Fostex drivers.

At first he preferred the Buschhorns but now favours the Needles. As I remember it he thought the Buschhorns had improved suddenly and then found that he was listening to the Needles. So then he tried it on with his friend Shiny Nigel whose an audio expert and Nigel said that there was so little differencr it was difficult to tell them apart, well he would wouldn't he.

Take a look at the newsgroups and follow Keith's posts they are all very entertaining :)

Jem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.