Technical Discussion about Frequency Dependent Terminal Impedance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Technical Discussion about Frequency Dependent Terminal Impedance

soongsc said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the following text which was at the beginning of the thread? If so then I appologize.

soongsc,

I meant this thread to be an discussion about the effects of terminal impedance on the speaker (power delivered) and how it affects the energy delivered to the driver. I'm trying to ignore driver effects/distortions for the time being. (In all reality, you cannot separate out everything, as reactances and loads are tranaformerd and referred back to the terminals through the driver and voice coil)

In any case, I was serious about a thread discussing the effects due to distortions in the cone, and cone resonances, etc. It appears that you are much more knowledgable in this area that I am. In that case, I am very interested in learning what you have to say! (I have to admit, I don't know a lot about speakers! (I do a lot of amplifier stuff, tho)

I often find that I learn more by throwing topic into the air, and letting more knowledgable people discuss it, while I sit in the back an absorb it all. :)

-Dan

DKEMPPAI
<< Please, before posting, do the following:

1. Be familiar with the thread. (Understand what's being discussed)

2. Identify Known facts (Physics, Engineering etc.) as such.

3. Cite sources. (Physical Laws, Electrical Laws, Research, etc)

3. Identify Opinions as such. (Please keep these to a minimum)

4. Be respectful of other posters, and discuss disagreements off forum (via private messages, email etc.) before posting. In this case, post a brief description of the disagreement, With both sides following (This can be harder than it seems)

5. When posting personal observations, back them up with physics or engineering, and an explanation of what was noted, and your theory as to why this happened. >>

Discussions about amplifiers do not require to obey to the above rigorous rules, do they ?

DKEMPPAI
<< With a bad amp, everything sounds the same. It takes a good amp to tell the difference between true "Artists" and the rest of the "Performers". >>

~~~~~~ Forr

§§§

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Technical Discussion about Frequency Dependent Terminal Impedance

dkemppai said:

soongsc,

I meant this thread to be an discussion about the effects of terminal impedance on the speaker (power delivered) and how it affects the energy delivered to the driver. I'm trying to ignore driver effects/distortions for the time being. (In all reality, you cannot separate out everything, as reactances and loads are tranaformerd and referred back to the terminals through the driver and voice coil)

In any case, I was serious about a thread discussing the effects due to distortions in the cone, and cone resonances, etc. It appears that you are much more knowledgable in this area that I am. In that case, I am very interested in learning what you have to say! (I have to admit, I don't know a lot about speakers! (I do a lot of amplifier stuff, tho)

I often find that I learn more by throwing topic into the air, and letting more knowledgable people discuss it, while I sit in the back an absorb it all. :)

-Dan

My composition capabilities are often referred to as "Three Sentence Composition". But see Wireless World 1970 "The Design and Use of Moving-coil Loudspeaker Units" by E. J. Jordan. You don't see many articles as straightforward as this anymore these days.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.