Coral Flat 6 question.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Going through some boxes I had lying, I found these two drivers.
They are both Coral Flat 6, but one of them is a Flat 6 II, the other is without the "II". Can some of you tell me the difference?
They look and feel the same, but are they suitable for a pair of speakers, between each other?
Thanks.

Steen.:)

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 894
Of the various Flat 6 I've seen the physical difference btw the Flat 6 and Flat 6 II is the frame and magnet assembly. However from your picture sure looks like they are both Flat 6 II, could well be a case of mislabelling during the production running change.... Yes, just use them as it is... very good sounding IMO much better than the corrent prodution Fostex..

From what I understand, the only difference between the two is the rated power handling-the II model being rated for higher power.For example there were two models of the Flat 10-the first model was rated for 20W,the II model for 40W.I would suggest checking this website- www.eastmarinedrive.com This guy has a lot of information on Coral speakers,including plans for the original cabinets.

Thanks for the replies:)
Yes, just use them as it is... very good sounding IMO much better than the corrent prodution Fostex..
Thats good news;) I was concerned that they would be different sensitivity or something. The magnet assembly and chassis looks excactly the same. Also the weight of them is the same. I guess I will try and mount them in some easy setup, too see if they sound alike:) Any suggestions for an easy "speakerbox"? If they sound good enough, I consider something like a Voigt pipe.

Steen:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.