CSS 125FR new Full Range driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FR125S

The first batch arrived by air on Friday and these will be sent out to a number of people for testing and enclosure design. In addition to the usual ported and sealed designs they are also being tested in horn, MLTL, TL, dipole and in-wall alignments. These will be released or published as soon as available. T/S parameters will be updated shortly. When the sea shipment arrives in about 3 weeks, the drivers will be released for sale.

For some, who took the time to listen to the preproduction samples at the Northwest Audio Review last Saturday, they were the highlight of the day. On certain kinds of music the single driver magic astounds me everyday and I want to upgrade the electronics and sources in front of them with stuff I can't afford.

The difference in the drivers.
From what I remeber Dan told me more copper in the motor as well as different soft parts were needed to get the upper end out to 20k.

Close yes in data but sound.Different for sure.
The FR is a driver that will be going after Jordan for sure with the X92S.

Al:D

That would be possible but would duplicate what's already included in the PE offering. Such a baflle would also be considerably more expensive and less flexible from a veneer and finish point of view.

Listening to the FR125S in the PE cabinet at fairly loud volume also indicates that the cabinet is not as "dead" as it should be, particularly the large unbraced back. This driver is good enough to warrant a pair of Al's solid 1" walls, braced, ICE damped, reference cabinets with Kevin's new Exodus binding posts, 10-12 AWG silver coated copper wire, etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.