Fostex as center in HT setup?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Almost 10 years later, I found the fe107e center channel by Fostex. I'm planning to build a center channel with some fostex driver.

Attachments

• 9c5fc9f1074eec9c8e02ad12edec9843.jpg
    9c5fc9f1074eec9c8e02ad12edec9843.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 92
The currently available models that would make sense in this application would be from the FF - WK series. Depending on the size of the room, probably the 105 or 125. Note that while the smaller drivers & enclosures that might be more convenient for the often constrained centre location - unless behind an acoustically transparent screen- the bass management in current HT processors can easily deal with that. I’m also a big proponent of trying to maintain common voicing / flavour across the full front row - in the case of FR families such as Fostex, Mark Audio, Tang Band, there are often a candidates in the next size class.

It's ten years now that I'm using 2 FE127 BR boxes for my center channel (the simple BR fostex recommended enclosure) pair to 2 FE127 doubleBR (the other Fostex enclosure) and I'm very happy with this setup, voices are excellent and tonal balance makes you forget it's a multi-speaker setup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.