A cheap driver...Philips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
From TW bay, anyone use this as loudspeaker?How it sound?Any suggestion please, thanks a lot!

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,888
:xeye: just my personal experience of philips speakers[ tho not the full range l must stress...] they are not very good and lo tech, straight sided cones and very ragged response, which l imagine would be exaberated in the fr version , the plain vanilla versions sound hard and shrill, just as most philips drivers do so l would not recomend them, just my 2 cents worth though others ears are different to mine ,,,, so give it a go and see if you do like them:eek: and let us know how you get on;) cheers TC

hclisen said:
Philips AD 80800/M4
The official spec sheet (T/S parameters not included) is published at
http://www.audiodiskussion.de/foren/fullrange/msg.php?idx=12277
The diagram shows SPL and nonlinear distortion. This is a run-of-the-mill-fullranger, nothing special. Someone in the thread above recommends 5-7 l closed as enclosure - though without much bass. Sensibility is 93 dB.

i should explain, the thiele small params are measured, the simulation is just that a simulation in reality i would cross them to woofers around 150hz or so. The wizzer cone gives extension out to about 18khz but its nasty personally i would cross them to at about 2khz if you can as this is where the whizzer kicks in giving major hf boost about 6db or more above the midrange level. Hook them up to an amp and listen to them with a frequency sweep you will hear a sudden rise in db level around 2k or so.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.