Beyma 8AG/N horn or "the Viech"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

in the meanwhile some guy found other drivers, that work pretts well in the "Vieh":

Sica 1100 avaible from
Sica Breitbandlautsprecher LP208.38/1100 8 Ohm

and
Gradient AX8
avaible also via spectrum or Home | Lautsprecher Intertechnik

here ist a long thread an Sica in Viech (use a translater for your language)
Viech-Modding mit Sica Chassis und jede Menge OT, Lautsprecher - HIFI-FORUM

and here a link to a shoot-out meeting:
Viech-Treffen 2009
The Gradient driver was't avaible in that time.

Have fun on fullrange !

Keep in mind that a number of these drivers are deeper than the original, rather slender Beyma. So, in some cases you'll have to add a panel to the front of the Viech to allow for more depth. If you use a panel of nice wood, then this may even look good!

FYI, regarding damping the Viech, we used Cyburgs recommendation: only a roll of damping material just below the driver. That worked pretty well, it filtered the high tones well.

In general, as you notice from the shootout: the Viech design is quite forgiving for other drivers, so I would recommend looking at speakers that interest you for perhaps a very different project, and initially just add them to the Viech.

I have already added a panel to give the driver a lot more space to breathe and midbass improved a lot.

And I only have a roll of damping just below the driver as well.

I have huge acoustic problems with tremendous bass null in my listening position.
I may save the loudspeakers for when moving to a room that gathers better acoustical conditions or I may just sell them...

When listening to well recorded material, they sound pretty good, when bass is poorly recorded, they just spit in your face, they just don´t like it and sound terrible. It´s the same with lean recordings or with heavy midbass.

Good morning, I am your regular reader.
sending pictures of my speakers, which I designed with bayma 8AG / N.
submitted to contest "T-Forum Rome"
This Hi-Fi magazine Costruie HI-FI Prof.Ing. Marzullo Pierluigi
Their sound is much better than the horn or "the Viech"
They played even with tk2050
Their sound is a miracle

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Nice work Gigi! I must say, those look the part! I gave up on the viech project due to the acoustical properties of my living room and from that day on, the beyma drivers have been collecting dust unfortunately.

And these look just what I was looking for, the beymas sound too good for what they cost and don´t want to give up on them. I bought a pair of Cambridge s30´s to live with, and even though I really love them, they just can´t match the beyma´s magical sound (fullrange coherence).

You should open a new thread regarding this project. What tweeter did you use?

The beyma´s have really nice mids, but for aproximately 2 years, I´ve been trying to squeeze out some bass out of them and without success...
(

Hi bubuxxl,

I have similar problems...

until i try a good Subwoofer (Rel Quake).

My system actual is 2 small monitor two way in a 4L box vented with one DAVIS Mid kevlar 13cm (91db) + XT25 crossed at 4khz + SUB

Integration is perfect.
I rol off REL Quake at 35Hz, bellow resonance of my room.

Integration with the speakers are so perfect that my wife has not found that there is a woofer in my Stero System.:)

I am very happy with that solution.

I think full range can benefit from adding a good SUB.

Or you can use your Beyma in closed Box + sub

BUBUXXL you are invited to ear.

regards

Thank you for you invitation Carlomar! I believe I heard your beautiful monitors, you switched your scanspeak drivers for davis? I would love to hear those! :)

Bass nulls in my living room are the real issue here. I have practically no sound from 150hz to about 50hz. That´s why a subwoofer wouldn´t help things in my case...

I´ll be looking forward to see more pictures from this project, as well as plans to build it.
I might even give it a try without the tweeter, who knows... :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.