Mt Tl Fe 207 E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wil start by thanking the constructor letting uss shere your works. I biult mine according to plan and added some 8 mm asphaltd dampening on all walls.

After 150 hours i breaking in I satt down to listned and vas very pleased, bass is deep and the midrange i the best i have herad and híghs are ok, But the problem i am having is that the speakers sing alon making the cabinets to vibrate this explains why they dont dissaperar *** they shuld. I think it is the matrial i just was to ´thin. So I have two options I, build a new speaker in MDF and a second outer layeer of woof. Second is to ad layers of wood on the existing speakers

What to ya think

If you use round wooden dowels you can make holes just large enough for the dowels to slide through. Criss cross them through the side and the back then use your choice of material to cover the enclosure. Examples of this can be found in David Weems' book "Great Sound Stereo Speaker Manual".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.