Cyburgs-Needle for Tangband W3-871S

Ok, I have tried a FRS8 and the Tangband in my needle - and the difference was huge. The Visaton is quite ok, but the Tangband is so much better, no real comparison. Is this the perfect speaker? No, of course not. Too many compromises, but very listenable nevertheless.

Hello, I have a 9.2.6 surround system in my basement. I have been playing around with a pair of Tang Band W8-1808’s in an open baffle and I really quite enjoy them. Might even put them into a box.

Whether I do so or not, I also am now thinking about replacing twelve surround speakers… six low and six high… with six double-decker Cyburg Needles.

Of course, the base would need to be wider, sturdier, heavier. And maybe a 1.8 meter metal rod or two will be needed in the back of each case, besides having one-piece 1.8m high sideboards.

But just how stupid is this idea otherwise? Is it OK to have the vent for the top half just above the lower speaker? There would be I assume a plate between the top and bottom...

Cyburg Double High.jpg

Hello Carousel,

I can see that you want a wall of sound and like single driver speakers. Personally I would go for a pair of Frugal Horn XL's and a pair of Mark Audio speakers.
These are easily equal to Lowthers I heard a concert of recordings in St Pauls, London. 2 Lowther 97db speakers driven by 2 five Watt Lowther amplifiers filling the Cathedral space with sound.

And for those who have no idea what wattage they are listening to please read this page: https://jlh1969classa.blogspot.com/p/watts.html

Cheers - J