help... please....Tangband W3-871

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I was unemployed for awhile and decided that making speakers would be cool. So i chose John's Tangband W3-871as a fun project. Well I got as far as making the enclosures and getting the speakers..

I am now working full time ( plus some heavy overtime) .. and I dont have time to research the parts needed for making the notch filters...

On John's site , this is the info Ive found.....

0.7 19ga air core
6.8 ohm 10w non inductive
8.2 mfd poly.

Unfortunealy the only things i can find are from Madisound. (It sounds like its important to maintain consistency with his designs.. So im wondering if there are some exact manufacturers to look for?)My goal is to finish the project as quickly as possible... Anyone know where i can find all these parts (plus PCB) .... ? Maybe even already assembled?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scott

Assuming you're not actually in Uganda the parts from Madisound should be fine. The described parts are fairly standard values and construction. An alternative would be Parts Express although you'd probably get the 20awg inductor. Standard wire wound ceramic resistors and Solen caps should work well enough. For a board you could go to Radio Shack and pick up some plain perf board.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.