SoundBlab Transmission Line Speaker Plans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
similar plans for free

Hi Rbertalotto,

I had hesitated to do so myself, but then I rather went with a full DIY project based on the design of Bjorn Johannesen.
You can read my post <a href="!g6227027!full-range/88787-tabaq-tl-tang-band-post6227027.html">here</a>
A link to the plans is included.
I think the design by Bjorn Johannesen gives more bass with the driver.
Either way, you will also be very pleased with the TB W4 1337 SDF which has gread mids, and, what is less common, great heights :p !
Don't hesitate to experiment a bit with stuffing :wrench:, after your speakers' break-in period :snail::snail: .

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
This one? Transmission Line Speaker – Build Plan | SoundBlab

tline2.jpg

It would be interesting to know what the inside of these exactly look like. Basically like this.

attachment.php

Just the picture shows at least 1 feature that suggests this line is “guessed” using classic design and not properly modeed and designed.

And 23 pages of drawings. I am pretty sure i know the general layout… end loaded, down and back up the top/back.

An elaborate set of drawings with notes & visuaizations would probably be 5 pages which does not say a lot about the authour's drawing skills.

Sorry for the downer, but TLs are often very misunderstood.

For a TB driver, i suggest, that the Tabaq TL is likely better thot out, and plans are free.

dave

Attachments

• end-loaded-TL.png
    end-loaded-TL.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,340
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
One thing about the plans from this site is that they are very detailed like a step by step build guide with links to every single piece of hardware or tool or supply possibly needed. Good for a total beginner who may not have all the tools handy. Price of $30 seems reasonable. I have not seen the plans but from website video seems well out together and substantial amount of documentation. Tabaq is great but I would discount someone else’s effort without actually seeing it.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
End loaded, possiblly too small, the stand could certainly be eliminated, the plans might be very helpful, but if you are starting with a brick don’t expect it to go fast. It has all the classic earmarks of a “classic” design and as such is a non-starter for me.

$20 for plans is certainly in the standard range if reasinable pricing.

dave

TABAQ TL for Tang Band

Fireside Tabaq box << Blog Galactique

Sorry the links got broken in the post, I hope this time it works better

Hi Rbertalotto,

I had hesitated to do so myself, but then I rather went with a full DIY project based on the design of Bjorn Johannesen.
You can read my post <a href="!g6227027!full-range/88787-tabaq-tl-tang-band-post6227027.html">here</a>
A link to the plans is included.
I think the design by Bjorn Johannesen gives more bass with the driver.
Either way, you will also be very pleased with the TB W4 1337 SDF which has gread mids, and, what is less common, great heights :p !
Don't hesitate to experiment a bit with stuffing :wrench:, after your speakers' break-in period :snail::snail: .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.