Driver Recommendations for 12 Liter Enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I know this is a tight space but anyone have any recommendation for a driver that will perform well in a 12 liter enclosure please. Either sealed or ported but if ported, the port will need to be on same face as driver. (Bit complicated to explain why so I'll leave it out for the time being)
Many thanks in advance imk

Possibly the Mark Audio Pluvia 7 or Pluvia 7 HD will work. Planet10 can advise as he has done multiple designs for those drivers.

And of course there might be other options from other manufacturers too.

It will be good if you can share a pic of the cabinet you are planning to repurpose.

Last edited:
Hello Zman01,
I have attached pdf of my shelving unit with integrated enclosures, bottom left/right features. The drive will be enclosed in these features and the drive will face downward. This shelving unit will fit on wall above an electric piano/keyboard and be the sound source for it.
Many thanks imk

Attachments

• SouthWallShelfSpeakerWithRocketAmp-V2-0.pdf
    49.2 KB · Views: 67
imk,

What are the internal dimension (h x w x d) for the part (each one) of the cabinet allocated for the speakers?

And to clarify your previous statement - the drivers will be downwards facing and will not be visible from the front?

Last edited:
zman01,

I take the point of speaker not sounding good pointing down.
When i built the desk with the keyboard on it i built on it two stands (one at each side) on these stands i put a bookshelf speaker pointing at my ears and the quality of the sound was good. However it didn't sound like a piano or other keyboard instrument and well after some think i realized that musical instruments are not stereophonic in nature, they are in fact monophonic. So i cobbled up a couple of wooden rails spanning these these speaker stands and pointed the bookshelf speakers downwards. Now it sounds like a upright piano as the sounds is coming at me from chest level, not pumped directly into my ears. Hence the shelving unit with built in drivers.
imk

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Visaton B100, Fostex_fe166en

FE166En really requiring much, much larger boxes. Hadn’t seen the B100 before, it might work (i pay little attention to factory recommended boxes.

P7 fits in 12 litres, a bit larger than i would use for P7HD/A7.3/A7ms/A11msmost CHx. Some larger drivers that typically fit larger boxes can be squeezed into a smaller box.

Can you live with a bit smaller, P7HD is very good. So is A7.3 but getting scarce since NLA.

There are few FR drivers that suit a sealed box, do bass, and they are usually large.

dave

FE166En really requiring much, much larger boxes. Hadn’t seen the B100 before, it might work (i pay little attention to factory recommended boxes.

P7 fits in 12 litres, a bit larger than i would use for P7HD/A7.3/A7ms/A11msmost CHx. Some larger drivers that typically fit larger boxes can be squeezed into a smaller box.

Can you live with a bit smaller, P7HD is very good. So is A7.3 but getting scarce since NLA.

There are few FR drivers that suit a sealed box, do bass, and they are usually large.

dave

Dave,

OP has internal box volume of approx 9 liters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.