Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Reproduction and lack of human spirit ;)
Reproduction and lack of human spirit ;)
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th January 2021, 06:49 PM   #1
geezoID is offline geezoID  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Reproduction and lack of human spirit ;)

So, I like listening to the radio (WRR - Tx's first one, about a century old).

Today, FEDEX ground brought me some of Curlymaple.Com short pieces.

I put one behind my 3" broad range (100-20kHz) drivers hanging in their shipping boxes on the back of the current pair of ~10.5" BB plywood 1/2" circles cut out with my own casual hands from the front of my ~11 cu ft WoodTiteIII sub woofer box. No screws, except to mount the Lambda 12" woofers built by the late, great Ryan right here in Texas, hear?

Dr. Bruce Edgar and Ryan, thanks to my emails, built them 12 inchers with THREE (3) magnets, each. Bruce measured them in his lab and they were smooth from 10Hz to 5 kHz, but they beamed a LOT at the higher CPS.

I am listening to them 3" hung on the backside of the circles, inside their left open shipping boxes. Those Italian speaker mfgrs know how to box their products.

FaitalPROs, if you must know. The 3" are broad range (100-20kHz) and putting a new piece of 1" maple has reduced my wife's discomfort.

There is more to enjoying Music than clever advertising.

Thank goodness

@1
  Reply to this post

Reproduction and lack of human spirit ;)Hide this!Advertise here!