Single driver design that excels in the human voice range

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Scottmoose - I first tried Dynaquad type connection in 1970 with an Eico ST70 (great under-appreciated amplifier w. excellent iron) with two series tweeters only in the rear or one "fullrange" speaker. Later with 4 matched speakers (Dynaco A35) it could sound spectacular on albums such as Sinatra's "Only For The Lonely" as the ambience retrieval seemed to unlock the bass and sound field. One day, I accidentally turned off my Citation I preamp while the Citation 12 was still running. All four SEAS woofers moved about an inch and a half forwards past center. Dynaco graciously replaced all four woofers but UPS destroyed all four cabinets upon return (there was no compensation to me-lol)

915535d1611689933-single-driver-design-excels-human-voice-range-w0508-1-jpg

Electrohome omni's correct?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
There is. It is an addenda to either the Fostex FF85wk or the Alpair 5.2/3 set. Only the venting (and driver mounting) details change. I have the µFai-KenPlus done, the others could quickly follow if they are preferred (trapezoid & rectangular miniOnken with vents down the side). Both set sof plans come with woofTs based on the Peerless 830970 acting as a stand (like these, the 3F22/25 would slot right in where the FF85wKeN is.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.