FE206En in the fe208 recommended enclosure

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Only could have done better with 3-4ths inch spacing :^)

Here are the ones Chris did.

attachment.php

We abandoned this project when we realized that the labour would effectivily increase the cost of posts by 10x over the cups we now use (i have lots but post for just a pair probably prohibitive).

dave

Attachments

• experimental-posts.jpg
    experimental-posts.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 640
Stevodude, nice work! Looking forward to your second installment and you hooking them up. I have a pair of the FE206Ens and have considered this design. I will be curious to learn your impressions of the speaker/cabinet combination.
BTW, I wish we could get plywood like what you are using w/o paying an arm and leg for it.

Edit: I did build the Solo 206, which I thought sounded good.

3C0680AE-7F16-43D5-AF12-2D8834197B5C.jpeg

Last edited:
installed and opperational!
They sound really, really good.
Hooked them up Saturday night, and could not stop playing record after record.

Currently there is no finish on the wood, and I'm torn between 2 finishes that are polar opposites, clear coat lacquered, OR 2 pack shiny black.

ACtC-3exqa_dByzn27Po8w3tCj0MRzyN89bkSI-mtP1Hr-kBaylABvp9H0i3-tIA8BYstj2rz_n9m34Kk9DL8jP3jJNanvaM_GTkpbwbcIU8TT80tEyCobAon1OzQArVCT0ifeTnwlXslt_7XztJBbhn0g1B1Q=w1080-h810-no

Shows the height of them, I'm not that tall, 175cm

ACtC-3cak1Rg6dd_s2LzugsbRQgLHg3ruj-DE8L1KD2Aekx7fiPPrKblyPnu6uMOP-EpWuKgSV7o-JnEMeOqtSareer4BKSB_tbc_9a5vsB_mFVaLgukQfs4U-OTNDpyF8uCa4V4HnC2hOIlRM25Juc-2_n3LA=w608-h810-no

All the photo's of the build here -- > Kirishima - Google Photos

Note: The final weight of each speaker is 95KG so be aware if you build these, how you are going to move them from shed to house will need careful consideration. :)

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
so far I have thrown some radio Kaos <- this was absolutely stunning record, player is a JVC with an at95en to a NAD 3020 to the speakers, Pink Floyd, JJCale, Sade, LedZep, oxygene, john williams musical scores, Velvet underground, so far it's just been lovely on all of them. I do need to do an alignment on the cartridge. 90's Yamaha CD player through the NAD has also been delightful on anything I've thrown on the player.
Listened to a pair of Yamaha NS555AV's and NS700x's last night, and while those yamaha speakers are great, and very accurate repoduction, they are a bit on the shrill side compared to the Fe206s in the Kirishimas, but obviously the Yamis can have way more grunt chucked at them. while the Fostexs are happy with the NAD's 20w and I haven't even gone past 1/2 volume on the NAD.

Stevodude,
These look really great!
But, they beg for another kind of amplification...
You don't have to go straight for tubes. I would suggeat a small class A amp. See the Pass section, for example. Even the simplest Zen, or ACA amp will do. ;)
Enjoy,
Vix

cool, Thanks for the recomendations.

I do have a pioneer SA-8800 class A amp in for repairs that may be the go.

Repair guy is hopeless and has been with him for a very long time, and I beleive he finally has it on the bench.

I would have done it myself, as I have the skills, but not the time or tools to identify and repair the faults.

I may have to build an F2 clone :)