FAST/WAW speaker with ScanSpeak 22W/8857T-00 and HiVi B3S or RS100 or something else?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recall listening to the Tectonics vs other conventional FR drivers and recall that the sound was not as good as say, TC9FD , RS100, 3FE25, etc. There was just something off about them and I think it is that strange dip at 1,7kHz and the non-pistonic BMR action. But you may like how they sound. For the same price, I would take the TC9FD. Spend a little more and get the 3FE25-8.

I have the TC9FD.
I just gave up on it because some one said they did not like it.
I just copy what other people like, weird :rolleyes:
I never take my own advice :confused:
I also have these: Hi-Vi B3S.

RS100 looks good for what I like.

Is there a design with this available with x-over schematic?:

Vifa XT25BG60-04 Vifa Ring Dome Tweeter - Double Magnet - 4 ohm

ScanSpeak Revelator 22W/8857T-00 8" Woofer, Aluminum Cone

But I think I will stick with the fullrange , although I do like my Airbourne AMT drivers and the XT25 tweeters are great. Highs actually don't bother me unless they are domes, for some reason. Even my RS52AN dome I think bothers me. I used Zaph's x-over for that.

Zaph|Audio - ZDT3.5

I never finished the aesthetics.

Attachments

• IMG_20180220_130149.jpg
    IMG_20180220_130149.jpg
    978.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Pretty good when used on their own for desktop mini speakers.

Look at the dB levels at the side of the drivers graphs. To make them work with most designs they need probably at least another 5 - 10 dBs sensitivity as then you could at least attenuate them to match your chosen LF driver.
There may in fact be a suitable low efficiency LF driver that would work with them but you will need to search for one as I am not familiar with any that have such a low efficiency. Maybe a modern 5inch subwoofer design from the likes of Tang band or a Tymphany SDS-P830855 4" Woofer might just be workable.

Tectonic TEBM65C20F-8 3-1/2" BMR Full-Range Speaker 8 Ohm

I was hoping to cross these over at around 300-500 Hz at 6 (or 12?) dB/octave and Baffle Step Compression would take care of the 6 dB difference. Is this a good idea?

I think the cabinet will be about 10-11 inch (25 cm) wide.

I've never been into high frequencies; I don't miss them if they're severely attenuated. And I've always been into tight / loud bass.

However I do like AMT and Peerless/Vifa XT25 tweeters. But I don't think I will miss not having them either, but I can add them also.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.