1951 article "A Corner Labyrinth Transducer" by Noman C. Fulmer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• FULMER PAGE 1 1350.jpg
    FULMER PAGE 1 1350.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 101
  • FULMER PG 2 1350.jpg
    FULMER PG 2 1350.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 94
  • FULMER PG 3 1350.jpg
    FULMER PG 3 1350.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 88
  • FULMER PLAN.jpg
    FULMER PLAN.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 92
Be interested to have seen a plot of the impedance.....
It would help give an indication of what was going on in the lower octaves.

Other general comments are that a 15" speaker in a corner should give some bass!!

Also I have looked at a number of DIY loading techniques.
People usually comment on the better quality of the bass and it has occasionally crossed my mind that the physical construction of the cabinet may assist the quality in addition to the particular novel theory of loading being advocated. e.g TL, labyrinth, Daline etc
When compared to the classic six sided box almost all the various pipes and convoluted back loading arrangement proposed share a lot of desirable feature when it comes to reducing coloration. The cabinets for TLs are usually tapered with several internal panels dividing up the larger panels giving a desirable variety of resonances and standing waves. Diyers are often v diligent in their woodwork and the expense they are prepared to go to with the finished product. So the nature of the construction may assist the quality....
I'm a bit busy now, is anyone up for a real world implementation...?
Cheers Jonathan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.