$14 stereo ? bluetooth speaker kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If it actually works & plays music, sounds good to me! The amp-chip I'd guess is a TDA 2822, an all purpose amp-chip that runs on a wide variety of voltages. These are made by the bazzilions in the likes of cheap portable stereos, those mini white towers for your PC computers...& thousands of other applications. Because of the horrendous inefficiencies of those tiny two-inch drivers, they really come onto their own driving full-size home speakers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick.......

Yes, it's amazing the sound quality that comes out of these cheap chip amps. I've retired a DIY version of one, several years old, I think it was $12, that technically still works but one channel cuts out (pigtail). For about the same price as a pigtail, ok a bit more, why not just buy a $20 or $30 unit that will replace it and not look the horror of the old one: old PC power supply, loose board, maze of wiring and connectors, the "box" is a repurposed plastic fruit box :)

Even the smallest can drive "regular" hi-fi speakers to good, not to say ear-splitting, levels.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.