Aurel Bryan Fullrange drivers

I've seen recently a lot of praises for a local indonesian fullrange driver builder called Aurel Bryan. But i can't find much info about it or reports that don't come from Indonesia. Does anybody have any experience with this brand or more info about their drivers? They look wel made i have to say...

Attachments

• Aurel Brian.jpg
    Aurel Brian.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,149
I've seen recently a lot of praises for a local indonesian fullrange driver builder called Aurel Bryan. But i can't find much info about it or reports that don't come from Indonesia. Does anybody have any experience with this brand or more info about their drivers? They look wel made i have to say...

I have the 1st gen 8" driver with ferrite magnet and it has evolved into many varations from smaller 4" or 6" to 12" woofer + super tweeter. additional Neodymium and FieldCoil are also available.

you can contact the designer here

Rudy Gunawan | Facebook

or pm me if you are interested on his WhatsApp number

I've seen pictures of documents i can't read with what look may be graphs and t/s parameters, but no real documents that i can read. And i did search on google and on this forum but found no info so that is why i opened this topic. So if you got links, that would be handy.

Zoomed in picture.

The Ohms scale is hard to read, but it looks highly compressed to show a flat line. it is from 0 to 64 Ohms, in log increments.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 11.02.38 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 11.02.38 AM.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 904
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 11.03.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 11.03.09 AM.png
    890.9 KB · Views: 842
Last edited:
Hi, I've communicated with the designer in the past, and have seen the actual product and listened to them in an audio expo. At that time they were put in a bass reflex box, augmented by their original design (and made) woofer, I forgot the size exactly, but I think they're easily 18". They have a recommended ported box design, and one back loaded horn design.

As for my impressions, I feel they are transparent, but they get 'busy' if the whole music spectrum is played through them. I believe they will shine as a midrange. Furthermore, I believe they shine on an open baffle, as members gadut and Leonidas mentioned earlier.

For what it's worth, I've tried simulating the 8 inch driver in a ported enclosure in WinISD but couldn't find a design that I like. The high Qts explains this, so I'm not sure why the designer recommends a ported or horn enclosure.

I received an original file of T/S parameters from the designer, and perceval's scans are as good as it gets. The SPL scale is 10dB increments.

Zoomed in picture.

The Ohms scale is hard to read, but it looks highly compressed to show a flat line. it is from 0 to 64 Ohms, in log increments.

Last edited:
Zoomed in picture.

I tried to contact whether it sales or designer about this product they have 2 version one with neodymium and another one with ferrite magnet and neodymium version price pretty high I reckon. but anyway on photo it wrote double ferrite and neodymium.

not sure about subjective sound quality it seems has a positive feedback but it somehow like buy something stuff in aliexpress with amazed spec and positive review.

HiFi Speakers 8 Inch HiFi Full Range Speaker 8Ohm 94.5dB|Bookshelf Speakers| - AliExpress

Hey Waxx,
I came across these drivers around the time of your posting. It all started when I came across user Leonidas’ positive impressions on these drivers he posted here a few years back (if you don’t know him he is a talented and recognized open baffle designer).

Leonidas also posted above - still giving the thumbs up.

I ordered them last Fall and have been so blown away I have been working with the designer, Rudy, and will be helping distribute them in Europe and North America.

A pair of the drivers I have sent through the rounds of some DIYer I know (I am more active on Lencoheaven) to get feedback. Currently in England with an amp designer.

We are already on the third iteration of the drivers and finalizing a speaker build.

We have an official online review lined up once we have the final version (driver and speaker) to submit.

Thanks to Blok15 for offering a demo.

I am doing a road trip through Europe (Estonia to Norway) once safer to travel. Would be happy to stop along the way to let people have a listen.

Also glad to continue the original pairs journey to fellow DIYers.

But to consider a pair, i would need more info than "they sound wonderfull". Full T/S parameters and measurements is what i need at least.

Once we have the final version of drivers (March?) we will have all info posted on the website for each driver - measurements and graphs (limitlesshifi - under construction right now).

Would also be happy to send the traveling pair to you next. Just have to work out logistics. Let me know if interested.