Some questions about the Lii Audio F15 please ...

Lii Audio inform to the F15 driver the MMS is only 13.7 grams ! Could it be fake info ?

This is a weight of a 8 inhes FR usually and this 15 inches driver even have a whizzer. The various AN 15 inches drivers have MMS around 50, 57, 63 and 71 grams, from 13g to 50g the difference is too big.

Last edited:
:eek:
ernie000; There's discussion elsewhere on smaller (8") FR drivers - retailing for a lot less. Maybe a better fit for your room size? I'm lucky to have the large room said:
Given the opportunity , I would ignore the elephants for sound quality , like you have Joe.

Still looking for for the 8 inch FR discussion you mentioned , this forum is too big ! :eek:

SBA Full Range thread ?

Last edited:
OK, juggled some numbers based on the rest of the specs and basically everything I published WRT to sims unless they totally revise them to ~ match what's published. Right about now, don't think I want to recommend or do business with them; there's just no excuse for this BS !!!

Regardless, making one assumption and using a higher than typical [Sd] and noting the impedance peak is at ~51 Hz, managed to get Vas, BL, close enough and a realistic ~52 g Mmd, but Qes, Qms, Qts skyrocketed to 3.97, 8.29, 2.68 !!!

If true, no need for baffles, the bare driver is plenty big enough!

'Color' me done till I see a few actual owner's measurements.

GM

Hey All,
Just wanted to say I've owned the F-15's now for over a year...since last July 2019. Maybe I'm just not very picky, but I think the speakers are great!

I've used them in 4 cubic foot cabinets (ported) - probably not advised...the highs are fine, not much bass...not BAD BAD but not good.

Also used them in 10 cubic foot cabinets, nearly identical to the Lii drawings. I didn't build them, I just already happened to have them for some RCA LC-1A speakers I had. I put the Lii's in the big cabinets, which got them up to ear level and gave more room to breathe...I think they sound very good in these cabinets!

Unfortunately I don't have any measurements. I'm not a "measurements" guy...YET...I wouldn't know what equipment I need to even begin. If someone wants to direct me to any software or hardware needed to take measurements, I'd do it.

Also, I have run the speakers on as little as a 4wpc amplifier, and it's PLENTY...even with a preamp with NO GAIN (Hornshoppe "The Truth" preamp).

I may be selling the system due to the large cabinet size...my wife likes my Tannoy Arden better...which I will run with Leben gear...the antithesis of the DIY spirit here...

But who knows maybe I'll hold on to the Lii system too.

Anyway, let me know if anyone wants measurements.
My ears say, they sound good.

Well, with what i heared from these drivers, the specs published are far of the real specs, and this driver is mainly fit for OB, so maybe look for an other one if you can't use it in an OB. A massive sealed also works, but then it's really "wardrobe style" massive

A big fullrange driver that can be used in smaller enclosures that is (surprisingly) good and has trustable published specs is the Fane 12-250TC (80€). It was ment as pro audio mid-top driver, but when used on low wattage (<20W) it can be used as a fullrange, and many did use it succesfully in sealed enclosures of 80 to 150L. Some of those are shown on this forum in older treads.

Assuming the driver has a response trend in that general direction (just assuming), that published plot is about 1/3 octave smoothed, probably more. Sorry, but no whizzer cone 15in wideband has a response like that. Nor using current technology, can it. Not even Olson's legendary LC-1A hybrid wideband electrical / mechanical coax can do that.

I sometimes watch Chinese speakers on aliexpress. All speakers really have a high Qts. This doesn't correspond to the specification, as well as other parameters .
the specification,Qts=0.49,Fs=51.432 !!!(432)
1PCS 2019 New Aucharm DG 603 6.5'' Full Frequency Speaker Driver Casting Aluminum Frame IIR Rubber Surrouding 4/8ohm Max 40W|Speaker Accessories| - AliExpress
really Qts=0.95,Fs=73,6Hz (!)
"My most sincere thanks to the seller! If it was possible to put more than five stars-would put ten! I ordered two speakers and one of them came with a strange marriage. In appearance, everything is whole, the suspension is soft, there is nothing in the gap. But the parameters of teal-smallle can not be measured-there is no resonance on the impedance chart. The rumor is that in addition to the main tone, a lot of harmonics are heard, so they seem louder than the main tone. Wrote to the seller, described the whole picture. Took the graphics from the second correct, recorded a video with a faulty. The seller agreed to send a replacement and here she finally came. With New Dean is ok, parameters are about the same as the first one-resonance frequency about 73,6Hz, impedance 4,2 Ohm, QMS 5,4, Qel 1,15, QTS 0,95. It's all cold, without warming up. The seller is very human thank you!!! 12 Nov 2020 10:18"
1PCS 2019 New Aucharm DG 603 6.5'' Full Frequency Speaker Driver Casting Aluminum Frame IIR Rubber Surrouding 4/8ohm Max 40W|Speaker Accessories| - AliExpress

1PCS Aucharm New P610L 6.5inch Full Range Speaker Driver Unit Casting Aluminum Frame Upgrade Leather Surround 8ohm/15W D170mm|leather leather|aucharm full rangeleather frame - AliExpress
specification,Qts=0.522
"The speakers are made very neat! The parameters, of course, are not at all those stated on the page. QTS = 0.8, FS = 55. AC up to 500Hz perfect, and further, as usual, begins the rise and "jumping". Within ± 10dB and up to 12 kHz. Further sharply down. No 20 kHz in the poem! And the distortions were pleased. Less than 1% after 100Hz. In general, the dynamics are good. Seller 5 stars! 02 Jul 2020 10:30"

Last edited:
I like mine on OBs, crossed at 100Hz to Goldwood 18"s. I had an impulse for convolving that worked with Daphile - made them sound even better - but Foobar tells me something about the sample rate isnt compatible...so I probably lost the files and suppose I just got used to listening to them as-is.

Frankly, after a year if ownership I never seem to be disappointed. Even movie and TV soundtracks (from the likes of PBS..) make me chuckle at how good they can sound - which of course contributes immensely to my enjoyment. Not sure if the wife/kid even get it in the same way I do. Oh well.

Percussion and Piano (a percussion instrument) seem to be their forte...besides throwing a really nice panoramic soundstage from the sweet spot. Glad to read others seem to like them too.

One can make a pink noise source from a cheap SD card reading ebay class D amp. Put that with Spectrum-eye iPhone app (or other phone RTA) is a decent, low, low cost intro to doing some measurements. Guaranteed to disappoint! ;')

This full range speaker looks interesting.
Is it possible, that Lii purchase mass products from guitar/instrumental speaker series like
Ascension A90
https://www.eminence.com/speakers/speaker-detail/?model=Legend_1028K
and
https://www.eminence.com/pdf/Legend_CB15.pdf
and add a high frequency cone assembly for getting a bi-cone version and thus an extending frequency area ??
After looking the images under
One Pair | Recommended 15" Full Range Speaker Driver | Fast High and Scaled Sound | F-15 - Lii Audio, unique speaker, amplfier, quality and cost-saving parts for HiFi DIY
an important feature is, that surround and cone (diaphragm) are not two parts.
This feature I note on some guitar loudspeakers.

The best speaker for such additional extensions from my view is this no longer available FANE modell:
Successor for Fane Studio 12L (AXA 12L) wanted
(datasheet in post #8)

P.S.: obviously there are clones available - go to
https://german.alibaba.com/product-...l-range-speaker-audio-f15--1600053364185.html

Last edited:
They'll almost certainly buy in at least some of the parts, rather than make each individual component in-house. Most smaller manufacturers are obliged to do that to an extent for economic reasons, unless they're priced in the Feastex / Voxativ / Cube categories. Sometimes its a case of purchasing off-the-shelf from an OEM producer of a given component (cone, surround, spider, magnet etc.), sometimes they'll provide the specifications for said producer to make. Sometimes it's a hybrid of both, or they'll buy something stock and modify it in-house in various ways.

Being where they are, Lii will, or should, have reasonably straightforward access to some of the big Chinese component manufacturers. The main issue with that are MOQs. Depending on the type of component, most of the OEM producers will have a minimum order requirement of at least 500, and in most cases more like 2,000.

I was under the impression all the Lii units have corrugated doped cloth surrounds.

F-12

The F-12's have foam surrounds. The Lii people said they expected around a 5
year lifespan. I found this out after buying a pair. I did not care for the sound, hollow sounding to me compared to my vintage Alnico's. I sent the F-12's back, partly the sound, and partly my dislike for the future expense of surrounds that will need replaced. That is just one of my personal dislikes. The fellow at Lii wanted my comments about the speakers and why I wished to return them, and I told him I preferred the warmth of my old Alnico's, and that I was hoping for that warmth and a bit more detail in the F-12's. I realize that I did not allow them time to break-in, but the surround issue was a deal-breaker for me. He said that they loved the vintage Alnico sound, but were going for something different in the F-12's.

They were nice about the return, which I was certainly glad about.
Now I listen to my old Zenith and GE vintage open baffle homebrews, and the grass is again green enough where I am :)

I have been looking for the concept of the best sound for a long time. I tried different options-OTL amplifier ESL + bass, Klangfilm KL405+ tweeter, but then suddenly I found out the best-bass + mid up to 6Khz + tweeter. There are two options-Altec 420 + tweeter or I have Jbl 123A (2213) + BMS4524.
Box about 600L - 115cm x 80cm x 55cm filled with padding polyester 3/5.

Attachments

• Bass_Mid.png
    Bass_Mid.png
    337.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Woofer_Tweeter.png
    Woofer_Tweeter.png
    410.7 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
I have been looking for the concept of the best sound for a long time. I tried different options-OTL amplifier ESL + bass, Klangfilm KL405+ tweeter, but then suddenly I found out the best-bass + mid up to 6Khz + tweeter. There are two options-Altec 420 + tweeter or I have Jbl 123A (2213) + BMS4524.
Box about 600L - 115cm x 80cm x 55cm filled with padding polyester 3/5.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WOW a real Klangfilm wide bander,, super coolll.
I also have been at finding the best sounding speaker past 40 yrs.
I think I;'ve found it.

DavidLouis VX8 with my old Seas Thor W18E001's (Mundorf cap to say 1200hz) + a Kasun 3.5 inch paper double magnet tweeter.
WOWWWW
Music as it was meant to be experienced.

1929 Chicago and Berlin , where the wide band was deveopled for film industry , here were the TRUE high fidelity speakers.
Then we had Jensen and EV.
Box/xover low sens came and crushed the old WBers.
Now reborn are the new super high tech WBers comming from 2 genius labs in china.
Tang Band 2145
DavidLouis VX8.
Both near idential perfect high fidelity.
I decided to return the TB2145 and stay with the DLVX8.
I plan to add a davidLouis Beryllium/NeoDymium tweeter later on.

New high tech WBers, 2nd to none (excepttion big expensive horns, which few of us can afford)
DavidLouis VX8, Perfection - YouTube

You are brave, I saw VX8, I liked VX8 too, but I was afraid of surprises from new products.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HI
I had to go purchase 3 others from DavidLouis BEFORE
I hioit on the VX8
Bought his Diatne 6, then his Yellow cone 4 inch
Then His Yellow cone 6.
The Yellow 6 ok, but hoped for more. And the VX8 delivered the goods.
Note the pics of his VX8, he has a BIG thumbs up in one of the pics. = He's trying to tell the buyers, = This is the real deal, but this one.
Surprises can get expensive
I've invested over $2K before I hit on the VX8 = The Winner
The Voxativ AC1A does not even approach the DLVX8 in bass, mids, highs.
The Vox AC1A is worthless trash In my HONEST and FAIR opinion.
The Tang Band 2145, DLVX* both are pricless,
You can not put a monetary value of these 2 speakers.
They make music magical and no box xover design can match their performance.

Here you get to hear the TB 2145 in action, has slightly superior highs vs the DLVX8, but I think, not sure as both are near identical, the mids in the DLVX8 **might be(** a bit nicer,,,again, both sound nearly identical. Besides if I want more crystal highs,,,all I have to do is order the DavidLouis Beryllium Neo Dymium tweeter, under $200 pair and add it to the DLVX8 = there equals the TB2145 in highs, That simple.

WBers = the new high tech 21 st C speaker for the real serious audiophile

Tang band W82145 Super High Fidelity - YouTube