Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Some questions about the Lii Audio F15 please ...
Some questions about the Lii Audio F15 please ...
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th August 2020, 10:58 PM   #21
hitsware is offline hitsware
diyAudio Member

Freddi ....
I have a usb with a folder that says WT3 and has the install .exec
for windows ..... ~ 6M ......
How could I send the folder for you to try ?
Old 18th August 2020, 01:09 AM   #22
FullRangeMan is offline FullRangeMan  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Lii Audio inform to the F15 driver the MMS is only 13.7 grams ! Could it be fake info ?

This is a weight of a 8 inhes FR usually and this 15 inches driver even have a whizzer. The various AN 15 inches drivers have MMS around 50, 57, 63 and 71 grams, from 13g to 50g the difference is too big.

Last edited by FullRangeMan; 18th August 2020 at 01:25 AM.
Old 18th August 2020, 01:40 AM   #23
ernie000 is offline ernie000  Australia
diyAudio Member

[QUOTE=

ernie000; There's discussion elsewhere on smaller (8") FR drivers - retailing for a lot less. Maybe a better fit for your room size?

I'm lucky to have the large room, be "allowed" to have these things; they look like two white elephants in it and dominate that end.[/QUOTE]

Given the opportunity , I would ignore the elephants for sound quality , like you have Joe.

Still looking for for the 8 inch FR discussion you mentioned , this forum is too big !

SBA Full Range thread ?

Last edited by ernie000; 18th August 2020 at 02:00 AM.
Old 18th August 2020, 03:10 AM   #24
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullRangeMan View Post
Lii Audio inform to the F15 driver the MMS is only 13.7 grams ! Could it be fake info ?
Hmm, my lack of familiarity with metric conversion caught me out. No way its Mms can be < 1/2 oz! Maybe the whizzer..........

GM
Old 18th August 2020, 03:48 AM   #25
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

OK, juggled some numbers based on the rest of the specs and basically everything I published WRT to sims unless they totally revise them to ~ match what's published. Right about now, don't think I want to recommend or do business with them; there's just no excuse for this BS !!!

Regardless, making one assumption and using a higher than typical [Sd] and noting the impedance peak is at ~51 Hz, managed to get Vas, BL, close enough and a realistic ~52 g Mmd, but Qes, Qms, Qts skyrocketed to 3.97, 8.29, 2.68 !!!

If true, no need for baffles, the bare driver is plenty big enough!

'Color' me done till I see a few actual owner's measurements.

GM
Old 16th September 2020, 09:23 PM   #26
Hawkeye83 is offline Hawkeye83
diyAudio Member

Hey All,
Just wanted to say I've owned the F-15's now for over a year...since last July 2019. Maybe I'm just not very picky, but I think the speakers are great!

I've used them in 4 cubic foot cabinets (ported) - probably not advised...the highs are fine, not much bass...not BAD BAD but not good.

Also used them in 10 cubic foot cabinets, nearly identical to the Lii drawings. I didn't build them, I just already happened to have them for some RCA LC-1A speakers I had. I put the Lii's in the big cabinets, which got them up to ear level and gave more room to breathe...I think they sound very good in these cabinets!

Unfortunately I don't have any measurements. I'm not a "measurements" guy...YET...I wouldn't know what equipment I need to even begin. If someone wants to direct me to any software or hardware needed to take measurements, I'd do it.

Also, I have run the speakers on as little as a 4wpc amplifier, and it's PLENTY...even with a preamp with NO GAIN (Hornshoppe "The Truth" preamp).

I may be selling the system due to the large cabinet size...my wife likes my Tannoy Arden better...which I will run with Leben gear...the antithesis of the DIY spirit here...

But who knows maybe I'll hold on to the Lii system too.

Anyway, let me know if anyone wants measurements.
My ears say, they sound good.
Old 28th November 2020, 01:21 AM   #27
ernie000 is offline ernie000  Australia
diyAudio Member

Not all great sounding speakers measure well - apparently.

If it sounds good to you , I guess that is really what matters most.

Thanks for the comments.
Old 28th November 2020, 10:30 AM   #28
waxx is offline waxx  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Well, with what i heared from these drivers, the specs published are far of the real specs, and this driver is mainly fit for OB, so maybe look for an other one if you can't use it in an OB. A massive sealed also works, but then it's really "wardrobe style" massive

A big fullrange driver that can be used in smaller enclosures that is (surprisingly) good and has trustable published specs is the Fane 12-250TC (80€). It was ment as pro audio mid-top driver, but when used on low wattage (<20W) it can be used as a fullrange, and many did use it succesfully in sealed enclosures of 80 to 150L. Some of those are shown on this forum in older treads.
Old 28th November 2020, 11:33 AM   #29
SinGun is offline SinGun  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

The freq response for such a large FR is astonishingly linear!
Old 28th November 2020, 02:02 PM   #30
Scottmoose is offline Scottmoose  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Assuming the driver has a response trend in that general direction (just assuming), that published plot is about 1/3 octave smoothed, probably more. Sorry, but no whizzer cone 15in wideband has a response like that. Nor using current technology, can it. Not even Olson's legendary LC-1A hybrid wideband electrical / mechanical coax can do that.

Some questions about the Lii Audio F15 please ...Hide this!Advertise here!