Newb TL questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you haven't bought it already, the Silent Board is a worthwhile upgrade, as well as rendering the fans as the loudest part of the printer, it eliminates salmon skin (though I can't see any in your prints). My Ender is used for most of my jobs because it's so much easier to set up quickly but, for things like this, I go with the CR-10S Pro because you can throw so much on the build plate (though its BLTouch is much slower than manually running a feeler gauge under the Ender).

I'm rather averse to painting but, when I've done scenery for tabletop gaming, the recipients reported Tamiya spray primer provided the best surface to paint onto.

hey mate, off topic, do you mean a silent board like this?

Creality 3d(R) upgraded version v1.1.5 24v super silent mainboard motherboard with tmc2208 driver for ender-3 / ender-3 pro 3d printer Sale - Banggood.com|Shopping Australia

hoping it is plug and play pretty much. Also have you upgraded to direct drive and all metal hotend? ie microswiss

Hi,
Yes, the Creality ones (assuming they're genuine) if bought for the right printer are plug and play, if you buy the wrong edition (e.g. Ender 5 board for Ender 3) then they have bootloaders so you can flash new firmware over USB (the only difference between the standard E3 and E3 Pro firmware is the logo on the main screen). I have a micro Swiss metal hot end on my CR10S but kept a PTFE one on my E3P and CR10S Pro because they string less.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.