Help to simulator double bass reflex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help to simulate double bass reflex

Hi :)

Is there anyone who can help me to simulate a double bass reflex to Lowther PM8A 15 Ohm with silver voice coil?

Fs 58 Hz
Qts 0,36
Vas 46,2 l (1,63 cubicfeet)
SPL 95,5 dB 1w/1m
Re 12,7 Ohm
Qes 0,39
Piston diam 164 mm (6,46 in)
SPL 93,5 dB 2,83 V
CMS 0,74 mm/N
Le 0,47
Qms 5,1
BL 11,1
N(0) 2,2%
MMS 10,3 gr

Last edited:
I'll have a look. To be honest, I don't personally find the Fostex type DBR to be especially effective; I'd suggest you look at the Augspurger type DCR or an MLTL variation before committing to the DBR type. Oddly enough, I worked up a DCR for a PM6A only last week; sent the sketch to Dave a few days back to look over. Will see if this unit may be an alternative with a few changes.

I have indeed.

As-is -depends. Most that I've looked into over the years have fairly characterful alignments but that's more a question of individual design rather than the broad concept itself. On paper, the more chambers you have, the wider the BW you can load so the lower the average driver excursion / the higher the power handling should be. No bad thing in itself, but it usually comes at the price of higher GD and increasing difficulties of maintaining a good alignment, which is why I tend to like MLTL variations or DCRs, since it's usually possible to get some decent loading above the nominal Fb in the main acoustic 'power band', while avoiding too many other issues. I do have some interesting varitions on the theme that Dave & I are working on at present though. :)

Last edited:
here's some piddling of a DCR of 45 liters size - (I would put it in a Karlson FWIW)

xuYDOnJ.jpg

wxxlRCo.jpg

superlian - if you take a given DCR and reverse the chamber volumes then the response can be quite different. You might run Scottmoose's design through hornresp to see how close it comes to his simulation. Hornresp has chamber length input which affects the outcome.

QyDq2ZG.jpg

David - I've likely asked before but is there a way so simulate a 3-chamber bass reflex with hornresp ?

Hi freddi,

I'm not sure how you define your 3-chamber bass reflex topology, but if it is simply a third ported chamber added in series to a conventional DBR system, then such a design could be modelled in Hornresp as shown in Attachments 1 and 2.

Note that this particular design has brought to light a bug in the new system model schematic, which hopefully will be fixed in the next update :).

Kind regards,

David

Attachments

• Attach_1.png
    Attach_1.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Attach_2.png
    Attach_2.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Attach_3.png
    Attach_3.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 122
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.