Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

High praise of 10" Fullrange driver based loudspeaker -
High praise of 10" Fullrange driver based loudspeaker -
High praise of 10" Fullrange driver based loudspeaker - Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM   #51
Ken Newton is offline Ken Newton  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffiMann View Post
You can say that, but that would more or less negate the need for graphs alltogether.

What I would say is: A graph such as for the F10 Neo that just barely seems to contain itself within +/- 10db, and made to merely seem smooth-ish on paper, will probably scream your ears off if you're unfortunate enough to sit with your head in a vice at 0 from both speakers.
It looks like a great driver and the materials and craftsmanship may be compareable to something like a Lowther, but there's a few things to consider before opening your wallet to these kinds of drivers.
Not for everyone.

Edit:
I realize that my post may perhaps seem a bit harsh, but I just really hope that whoever purchase these speakers do not use much toe-in towards the sweet spot. That would make it a "harsh spot".
They probably sound really nice and sweet off axis.
I should make clear that I am not advocating for or against the F10. I'm instead suggesting that reading graphs and specs. - whether for the F10, or any other audio component - is very easily misinterpreted for the purpose of translating what the eye sees on those graphs and spec. lists in to what the ear/brain will perceive upon audition. Graphs are not useless, it's just that they point to the beginning of predicting the subjective experience, they do not yet seem to accurately convey the complete music listening experience unless there are relatively gross parameter aberrations.

At some future point, I feel certain that the meaured parameters will be accruately presented so as to completely predict the subjective music listening experience. I'm not suggesting this is some sort of magic. Physical devices obey physical laws. As of now, however, many of us perplexingly find an disconnect to exist between conventional measurements (or in their presentation for accurate predictive interpretation) and our subjective experience. The former does not seem to reliably predict the latter. At least, not among components free of gross parameter differences.

Music reproduction is, of course, a dynamic, multi-dimensional, contrived phenomena. One which includes the human ear/brain as the final link in that system chain. As such, it requires the cognitive integration of the various graphs and other measurements to preset an accurately INTERPRETABLE prediction of what will be the subject result with music. Unfortunately, the industry has not yet been coherently convey such an accurate prediction via the presentation of the current measurment regimens, IMHO. Again, this is just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited by Ken Newton; Yesterday at 06:51 PM.

High praise of 10" Fullrange driver based loudspeaker -Hide this!Advertise here!