New 3" Full range TL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now I'am measuring with a calibrate microphone at 5cm of speaker and at 5cm of the vent and then I sum the response of both.

For the moment, is only a "measure problem". The speaker seeems to be sound good, but my hear is not so trained.

In addition at the peak at 150Hz, there also a valley in the 1.2kHz and a notch at about 1.8kHz. I think that is not a good response.

I think that if there are some problems in the speaker, in the ambient can be only worst. No?

I think that the reasone of the peak in the region of 100-150Hz is that the line is too short. In the simulation, I belive, that is assumed a straight line. Instead, I have tapered it, so, maybe, results in a shorter path for some reason.

Therefore I would like to do another speaker cabinet (the design posted by Bjohannesen)

Thank you very much :)

Last edited:
I have decided to do again the speaker by using the design posted by Bjohannesen and the RS100-8. The Wife accepted the design therefore can I have an higher bass extention and, I hope, a better speakers. :D:D:D:D

The design was the following:
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/347626-3-range-tl-4.html#post6043791

Some questions :p

I would like to use 15mm of wood thinkness instead of 12mm, and natural wool for the damping material. Can be good? :D

I see that the response with the RS100-8 is little bit decreasing respect the 3FE22. Can I increase a little the port cross-section to have more flat response?

The port length is 2 inch. Is the following calculation correct?

Hi all,
I have modified a little bit the design, now should be better :)

To try to increase the cross-section of the final segment to see the effect, Can I increase only a part of the conduct?
I would like to not increase the port aperture (the last 15mm of the segment) because in this way it is more simple for me to do various test.

Questions, there are a simulation in the original cross-section TABAQ for the RS100-8?

Thank you very much :D

View attachment TABAQ_Bambinz_V2.pdf

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.